guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Big Block Tonti
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Blue Le Mans 1 colour code

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReggieV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blue Le Mans 1 colour code
    Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 13:30
I'm considering painting my Le Mans 850 in the light blue and would like it to be as near as the original as possible. I'm sure it's unlikely that apart from RS paints, who have their own codes, that there are any codes available. I can't find the colour for the blue on the Dutch site, only the red.
If anybody has any information on this, I would be interested to hear. What's the general consensus on RS paints, are they really accurate and close to the originals or not. I also note that RS give a different blue paint code for the LM1 and the LM2, 29107 and 20710. I assume they must have altered the blue slightly?

Reg.
Phil View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 15:13
I cant help with the codes, but the mark 1 was a sutle ice blue colour and the mark 2 was a much darker sky blue colour
ReggieV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReggieV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 16:32
Phil wrote;the mark 2 was a much darker sky blue colour
LampLamp Ah yes, it's just come back to me! It was a much darker blue.

italianmotor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote italianmotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 17:39
These are the correct codes for the Le Mans. Codice means code and fornitore means supplier:

Denominazione AZZURRO BMW
codice Guzzi 897.303.210
Codice Lechler System guzzi 210
Codice Lechler master Moto 11-D
fornitore Guzzi Gandola
Codice fornitore Guzzi 2059
Guzzi lover doing my own thing: http://www.italianmotormagazine.com
Ken-Guzzibear View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 19:12
Having seen one and a V1000 in the pale blue metallic colour be careful it can look a bit insipid if not tempered well with some contrast .... I had a chip on my 76 V1000 frame and under the black was the pale blue on the frame so I test rubbed it to the metal and it looks like it was actually painted in the pale metallic blue ....
The Older i Get, The Better I Was
ReggieV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReggieV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 22:34
Thanks for the codes italianmotor.
Ken-Guzzibear wrote; the pale blue metallic colour be careful it can look a bit insipid if not tempered well with some contrast ....
Yes I know what you mean, but there is the satin black to set it off. I'm still undecided what to do, but the painter that I use doesn't know anything about the blue used on these bikes whereas he knows exactly the shade of red that was used as he painted the one that is already built. The trouble is, as I've already got a red one, I thought I ought to make this one a bit different?
johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2016 at 17:14
I have only seen one in that colour in real life and it looked very good and stood out from the crowdThumbs Up
1100 sport corsa , Yam R1, guzzi 650tt rider
ReggieV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReggieV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2016 at 18:13
Johnno wrote;I have only seen one in that colour in real life and it looked very good and stood out from the crowdThumbs Up
I've seen LM1's in blue on the two occasions that I visited Nigel Bilingsley work premises. I did quite like them, but could I live with one. My friend says that an LM1 "should be red!"
BondEquipe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BondEquipe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2016 at 19:35
Mate of mine has a Mk 1 in light blue and it does look good - and stands out from the normal red ones.  I have asked him about paint codes.

Stephen
Black & Gold LM2
+ Other Bikes & Projects!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic