guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Social section > The Bar.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Possible meeting places

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Possible meeting places
    Posted: 04 Dec 2014 at 00:40
Any Guzzirider welcome at The Rockbar they have a meet every Friday and regular Parties and such I have put out the Guzzirider cards there and there is even one of the website coffee mugs I bought from Ray Dunkley there it is just off the A38 at Shobnall fields Burton upon Trent I could get a camping meet there as a one off OR added to a party .... there are a lot of members come over from all around the area Leics/Lincs/Notts/Staffs/Warks/Derbys and further afield you can find info on the website The Unwanted or The Rockbar
The Older i Get, The Better I Was
Wits View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2014 at 12:31
Whittington cricket club is near Oswestry Shropshire.
Had a couple of camping weekend there also a couple of AGM's . ( guzzi club UK)
Great little venue club, not massive, but always made welcome.
Not far from great roads in shropshire and Wales......
Food and beer was excellent......😄

Edited by Wits - 04 Dec 2014 at 12:33
BMW 1200RTLC carbon BLack SOLD….
Breva 1100 2005 in Black SOLD.....
St George's Telford Shropshire.
Zecis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zecis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2014 at 19:10
While I have nothing against Whittington. I wonder if there is a nice pub with a camp site near by we had a couple of camps at a site near Porlock .....the camp site has views across to Wales, and there are 2 pubs and a good fish and chip place in the town. I'm sure there are many more such places around the country

Adam
Regards Adam
Located near Stonehenge
...A 1200sport (2 valve with stage 1), Daytona RS, and a Centauro GT (the last one is for sale if you are interested)
BobV7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobV7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2014 at 10:08
I remember coming across a pub one Saturday in Long Sutton near Odiham, Hampshire. It had a large car park across the road and was full of mainly older bikes. There are some nice rides around that area and I think it's easy to get to from a large area of the south. Perhaps that could be a suitable venue just for a pleasant day out?
Lemon 2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lemon 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2014 at 11:21
Great pub here at the head of the Valleys near  Abercraf called the Ancient Briton with camping facilities to the rear, come and enjoy some of the finest biking roads in the country.
Dazed and Confused

Le Mans Mk2
Ken-Guzzibear View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2014 at 11:28
Maybe we ought to bung up a list of possible meeting places and where get an Idea of who would go there ...... Luckily in the E Mids Tim Hicks has an open meet last Thursday of the month in Shepshed Guzzi Club (No Attitude) and Vintage Japanese Club as well as Italian and other bikes all made very welcome
The Older i Get, The Better I Was
Jim Mac View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2014 at 15:40
This is the place to post any suggestions regarding meets, ride outs, possible camping etc weekends

keep them all in here and it will be easier for us to find
V85 TT Trzvel    BMW R45
Too old to die young
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2014 at 22:50
Odiham is no distance certainly from my area,
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
BobV7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobV7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2014 at 23:14
Perhaps if there's enough interest we can arrange a Saturday meet when next spring comes around? Just checked it out on Google maps and the pub's called the Four Horse Shoes. Probably a good idea to OK it with the pub owners first though.

A couple of other ideas for summer runs might be Calne, Popham and perhaps Sammy Miller's place?

Non biking spots Fort Nelson near Portsmouth, Didcot railway center?
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2014 at 23:25
I've got a free entry ticket to Sammy Millers, must use it sometime.

British Motorcycle Charitable Trust, costs something like £20 to join and you get free entry into about a dozen museums, including Brooklands, as often as you want.
Brian.

BobV7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobV7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2014 at 23:31
Sounds like a good deal but can't seem to log into their site for some reason.
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 08:54
Yes, there did seem to be a problem last night, all back this morning.

Edited by Brian UK - 10 Dec 2014 at 08:55
Brian.

stubottle View Drop Down
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stubottle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2015 at 20:40
On sunday I'll be off to a MAG meet at a riverside pub called the "Breighton Ferry".
It's in a good location in Yorkshire, often used as a rally venue, so very biker friendly and well off the beaten track.
Approve
C'est la Vee
BobV7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobV7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 15:45
Just read Kate's post on the other site and I thought Fairoaks airfield near Woking would also be a good place for a local meet up for a cupper and bacon buttie. Probably the last to think of it, as usual!
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2015 at 12:27
Fairoaks café is a place I meet with another Guzzi pal occasionally. We are due to get together again shortly, I'll post when I know.
Brian.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic