guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Social section > The Bar.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Possible meeting places

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 14:03
There is a cafe just north of Towcester on the A5.It's called Jacks Hill Cafe.It has it's own website and is a motorcyclist's (biker's if you must)cafe.Well a transport cafe really but on Sunday mornings during the spring and summer and into the autumn, it gets packed out with motorcycles of all kinds.Everything from Brough's to custom Harleys old Brit' stuff withe very creative power plants as well as pristine classics.On "Ton Up Day" which is held each year,they get an attendance possibly up to a thousand bikes.
Or,for a quieter venue.What about Old Warden airfield,this is where the Shuttleworth Collection is housed.A day ogling vintage aircraft and on occasion watching them fly must be of interest to some of us,yes?
That's located near Sandy in Bedfordshire.
TO LIVE OUTSIDE THE LAW YOU MUST BE HONEST.

1971 V7 Special. 1972 850GT.
1970 T120 Bonnie. 2009 500 Bullet.
exsmokingbiker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exsmokingbiker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 16:24
Meeting Place

I used to put up a stall at Founders Day  at Stamford Hall Lutterworth and publicise the Moto Guzzi Club usually a great day out wandering (I never got a chance to wander|) talking bikes and eating some of my ring of fire chicken, there is i think overnight camping as well if required

A BIG Question

If i booked the space and put up my marque for the day and provide drinks and nibbles  on a day and labelled it as Guzziriders (Friends of)  how many people would turn up for the day to make it worth it some i can get in free others will have to pay the entrance fee about £6.00  get to put your bike on the marque for everyone to look at

its basically a static bike day with all types of motorbike clubs attending
This years theme is MODS & ROCKERS

you do get a chance to do a quick few laps of the arena at sum point 

http://www.thetaverners.com/founders.html
For all your engineering- ultrasonic and aquablasting needs see WWW.bike-aquablasting.co.uk
Dave P. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 19:07
You can put me down for that one Ray.I always attend Founders Day.As you say it's a good day out.It's held very close to where I live so the bike should be almost at running temp' by the time I get there.
Are you interested in old aircraft ?

exsmokingbiker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exsmokingbiker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 19:12
I am 6 mile away in Blaby - meed to see a few numbers first but thanks for interest

For all your engineering- ultrasonic and aquablasting needs see WWW.bike-aquablasting.co.uk
Ken-Guzzibear View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 20:42
if we are free we will when is it?
The Older i Get, The Better I Was
Dave P. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 22:04
Sunday 19th of July.See XSB's link above.

Ado View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 20:58
Yes,nothing planned,defo want to make it this year . founders that is.

Some good suggestions,venues,but if you think I am going to ride by bike over 100 miles to have idle chit chat with other guzzist. for just a couple of hours ,then you would be right !.

Edited by Ado - 26 Mar 2015 at 21:12
"BEST YEARS OF OUR LIFE"
Chen Toro View Drop Down
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chen Toro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 08:33
Who else is in Scotland?

C
red leader one View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red leader one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 10:27
Celtic, Rangers, Kilmarnock, Partick Thistle.
toastmuncher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote toastmuncher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2015 at 10:05
Right, I run a social group, we meet on a Wednesday evening every week, rain or shine ice snow etc, generally between raglan ross Chepstow and Gloucester, often in the forest of dean, we decide on a venue by suggestion for the following week, we normally get to the pub at approx 19:45ish and bugger off home having talked absolute nonsense by 21:30 a good portion ride old sidevalves, there are also a few sidecars and a handful of guzzis that attend. If you are on facebook, search for 'gingers big night out'. in recent years our numbers have been dropping, Ive been pondering popping an add up on gumtree etc, here seems a good place to start.
Guzzi:- V7 loop/ Quota/ Cally solo/ Cally outfit/ Nuovo falcone/ V75sp, and some other stuff too.
Ken-Guzzibear View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2015 at 10:22
add me to that group toasty I am on facebook
The Older i Get, The Better I Was
toastmuncher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastmuncher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2015 at 10:51
Put you on, bit of a trek for you though.........
Guzzi:- V7 loop/ Quota/ Cally solo/ Cally outfit/ Nuovo falcone/ V75sp, and some other stuff too.
Wits View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 08:55
Future camping weekend
I have found a good pub with camping field, up to 200 can camp,  (free camping as long as we use the pub)
Food and beer are excellent, good central location and good access.
The bell at Stretton A5  Nr Brewood ST19 9LN.
Only down side owner rides a "Harley"

BMW 1200RTLC carbon BLack SOLD….
Breva 1100 2005 in Black SOLD.....
St George's Telford Shropshire.
chilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 10:09
Oh dear , another Harley basher Cry
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 10:17
Now ask Wits the name of his dog.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic