guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > General Electrical issues
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Heated Grips - 2008 Norge

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote staffordworks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Heated Grips - 2008 Norge
    Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 18:34
Dumbest question(s) ever warning....

#1 does my bike come standard with heated grips and if so
#2 where the hell do I turn them on?

The only owners manual I can find mentions "if fitted" indicating that they might be optional.  Every article about them mentions liking them so that feels like 'standard' 

the manual just jumps right in to 'press and hold button'.... but an article mentions having to find them somewhere in the mode menu. 

my other bike is an old bmw k75 with an idiot proof rocker switch so I'm a little primitive on this topic. 

Thanks!

Beer
Everyone dies, not everyone really lives.
Argyll Goose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Argyll Goose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 20:21
[QUOTE=staffordworks] Dumbest question(s) ever warning....

#1 does my bike come standard with heated grips and if so
#2 where the hell do I turn them on?

The only owners manual I can find mentions "if fitted" indicating that they might be optional.  Every article about them mentions liking them so that feels like 'standard' 

the manual just jumps right in to 'press and hold button'.... but an article mentions having to find them somewhere in the mode menu. 

my other bike is an old bmw k75 with an idiot proof rocker switch so I'm a little primitive on this topic. 

I can relate to this. My 2007 Norge (no longer have it) although being a 'T' model, had heated grips amongst other 'extras'. The switch is on the left handlebar, but way over the front not visible from a normal riding position. My experience was that it requires some extended pressing to establish setting 1,2,or 3, as displayed on the dash. I did find that 3 did tend to barbecue the fingers!
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 21:31
The only way you can tell if you have heated grips is to look for the wires going to the grips. If you see them, you have them, if you don't......

The Guzzi grips are the proverbial arm and leg.

However any heated grip can be incorporated into the Guzzi wiring but you would have to sort out the connectors to the grips. The wiring and control for grips is on all models, and taped up under the front of the tank.

The control for the grips is as stated above, on the front of the left hand switch unit, below the dip switch.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
staffordworks View Drop Down
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote staffordworks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 22:19

... and there it is, right where you said it would be. wow. thank you so much.

just now looking at the image and seeing numbers on my clutch handle... um, is that 1 why my clutch doesn't engage until i'm all the way out at fingertip length? (its only got 6000mi on it so it doubt its a fried clutch)
Everyone dies, not everyone really lives.
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 22:41
Try turning the knob to get the lever closer to the bars.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic