guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Big Block Tonti
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T3 Cali Refurb

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 13:15
Very very nice, Derek. I'll make sure that I park my grubby version further away from you at next years DGR! 

Tank and panels look good. Painted pin-stripes, or lacquer over vinyl stickers? Mine has to be attended to, so interested in your outcome and thoughts on it.

Going to do something about the seat-strap bolt holes? Until I managed to source a strap, those 'empty holes' used to annoy the heck out of me, and I fitted a bolt with domed head on the outside.

I'm also intending to fit rubber flaps to the mudguards, particularly the front. Non-standard I know, but on the bike I have with those fitted, the reduction in sh*te thrown up on the horns, alternator cover et al is far less.
Glawster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glawster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 13:37
The tank has painted stripes and the side panels are stickers.  Good tip regarding the seat strap holes Barry.  I bought a seat strap but it's not long enough to go over the new seat!  I've got some 8mm domed nuts left over - I'll fill the holes in with those!
Oldrat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 15:25
Oooo yummy.
Thats a lovely job, a credit to you.

1976 "Zagato" Gootsi cafe racer
BMW GSA
Dave P. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 17:08
Smashin' job Derek, well done. Is a trip back to Belguim in the offing?
TO LIVE OUTSIDE THE LAW YOU MUST BE HONEST.

1971 V7 Special. 1972 850GT.
1970 T120 Bonnie. 2009 500 Bullet.
Glawster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glawster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 17:13
What I'd really like is a V7 sport if anyone has one at a bargain price.
Dave P. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 17:26
Originally posted by Glawster Glawster wrote:

What I'd really like is a V7 sport if anyone has one at a bargain price.

Me too !!!
TO LIVE OUTSIDE THE LAW YOU MUST BE HONEST.

1971 V7 Special. 1972 850GT.
1970 T120 Bonnie. 2009 500 Bullet.
Ken-Guzzibear View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 18:59
get a seat strap made to order .... any saddlers ought to make one from leather .... sometimes you need to think outside the box way better chrome round indicators are the ones from the period Yamaha RD round lens chrome stalk thicker but bolt to headlamp work way better and a lot easier to clamp spots to.......
 got them on my V1000 no one even notices

The Older i Get, The Better I Was
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
  Share Topic