guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Modifications and Restorations > Restorations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cali III Cafe Project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 13>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 09:37
The mount has been machined and drilled, so I can finally fit the Triumph T100 mudguard to the bike. Still need to polish it, but looks ok..

Ken-Guzzibear View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 10:05
nice job, not much use in the wet
The Older i Get, The Better I Was
MisterB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 16:19
I try not to ride when its cold and wet these days, certainly not on a bike with open carbs.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 16:56
lol well yes
MisterB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 16:43
Having sorted out the front mudguard, I turned my attention to the back of the bike, and its rear light. Had to make a new bracket to reuse the light originally fitted to the SS900 seat unit that I decided it didn't suite the bike. That done, I then machined 2mm from the thickness of the alloy light cover, which lost a surprising amount of weight. 

Recently found a local painter with a good rep, so got the bodywork booked in for a new paintjob in a couple of weeks. So now I'm going to have to finally pick a colour scheme. Current favourite (which will no doubt change) is to go for red with white graphics. 

Played about with some pinstriping tape, trying out different ideas. In the pic below, the shapes outlined will be white, everything else will be red.

johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 17:41
I'm likingThumbs Up
1100 sport corsa , Yam R1, guzzi 650tt rider
MisterB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2020 at 15:30
The bodywork has gone off for paint, but as is often the case with painters, the lead time is months rather than weeks.  I have to finally get around to finishing the wiring and try it get the engine to fire up.

In the meantime, I have a couple of other bike projects to keep me busy and eat all my spare cash Smile  

MisterB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 18:35
After a long wait, the bodywork is finally being painted. The base colour is done (Honda Victory Red), while I've made some small changes to my original design. In the pics you can see the painter laying out the outline for the white panels. Took a few attempts before I was happy. The paint should be ready for collection end of next week.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 18:51
looking good but oh fill in the sides lol 
johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 19:29
Originally posted by Ken-Guzzibear Ken-Guzzibear wrote:

looking good but oh fill in the sides lol 
Lol leave the sides open lolThumbs Up
Oldrat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 20:58
Can’t wait to see the result Mister B

1976 "Zagato" Gootsi cafe racer
BMW GSA
MisterB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 22:50
For better or worse the side panel tabs have been removed long ago, so adding side panels isnt possible, unless I welded the frame and have it powder coated again.

Here is a pic from the painter when we were trying to work out the placing of the graphics etc..

Edited by MisterB - 31 Jan 2021 at 22:54
MisterB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 16:38
A big day, finally got my paintwork back. Very pleased with the end result..

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 18:40
nice job
johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 00:14
Originally posted by Ken-Guzzibear Ken-Guzzibear wrote:

nice job
Agreed  Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 13>
  Share Topic