guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Singles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Iceni's lovely Falcone

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobV7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 08:07
North Leicester Motorcycles had a couple on their site and I was quite tempted by a black one. I wasn't too sure that I'd be that comfortable with the low power in traffic. Nice looking bikes though.
V7 Classic Black and gold was the best. But green & black was nice too. Now blue is in!
iceni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 08:40
It's proving difficult to get precise details of the spec of this particular model. From what I've seen on advertising material, mine looks as though  a previous owner has updated the switch gear from the "snuff box" on the L/H bar  to a more modern type, but that may not be the case - it may have come from the factory like that.  Also, while the regulator under the seat looks original, there's a plastic Maplin type junction box mounted behind it on the mudguard, which contains several wires and a main fuse.
The new 6 way fuse box fitted to the bike is located under the tank, so is inaccessible in the event of an electrical problem, so I'm not sure if that is right, either.  While I'm not paranoid about returning the machine to original spec., over time, should the correct items crop up, I will probably do the necessary, but in the meantime, I just want to enjoy riding it.  
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 11:17
Fuse box under tank so inaccessible? Sound perfectly normal for Italian design to me. LOL
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
Ken-Guzzibear View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 12:03
The org stuff is well worth replacing unless a bike is "Of Historical Interest" it matters not
The Older i Get, The Better I Was
iceni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 12:54
Originally posted by Ken-Guzzibear Ken-Guzzibear wrote:

The org stuff is well worth replacing unless a bike is "Of Historical Interest" it matters not

Agreed, Ken. Much prefer reliability and convenience over originality and unreliability!
iceni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 12:54
Originally posted by Brian UK Brian UK wrote:

Fuse box under tank so inaccessible? Sound perfectly normal for Italian design to me. LOL

red leader one View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red leader one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 17:18

Ain't that the truth

https://www.alza.co.uk/ironing-board-d4113410.htm?kampan=bing-pla-uk_produkty_toys_household-playsets_kitchens&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=bing-pla-uk_produkty_toys_household-playsets_kitchens

Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 17:58
Your size ironing board?
Brian.

Tarquin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 18:02

Your size ironing board?

GOOD! back on track, well done Brian! 

What's the bloody point of discussing bikes when we could be having a FRIENDLY NON CONFRONTATIONAL discussion about all things flat and folding?  LOL
California 111,California 1100i,Suzuki FZ50, Yamaha YB100, NSU Quickly,

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red leader one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 22:03

Your size ironing board?

No I just like the colour.LOL
BobV7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobV7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 22:14
I rekon that would sit nicely on your lap so you could iron your smalls while watching Bargin Hunt on the tele. Good spot RLI!
V7 Classic Black and gold was the best. But green & black was nice too. Now blue is in!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red leader one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 09:06
I was in the Bakers the other day and the lady was washing the shelf's prior to closing.

And I said "If I'd have know I'd have brought me smalls in"

She said " I only do big ones"

To which I replied "This is not a banana in my pocket"

Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 09:16
To which she replied "a half grown courgette?" LOL
Brian.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red leader one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 10:27
LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic