guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > CARC models
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

In tank Fuel filter problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hughguzzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 17:49
On this fuel filter/short pipe issue (for an 1100 Griso) - isnt it Ok to simply connect the long pipe direct to the pump then fit the filter body externally - easier for the future and a tiny bit more tank capacity ? My 1999 1100sporti has external filter and no probs there ???
Just asking !
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 22:45
It could probably be done, but is it worth the mucking around? Fuel filters last for years normally, so provided the all metal filter is installed, and the pipework is the latest spec you should have no problems.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
hughguzzi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hughguzzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 22:13
Yes good point, I looked into the tank with a torch and can see an all metal filter has been fitted direct to the outlet and cable tied to the pump, with the long pipe going up to the top of the pump - so the mod has been done :-)

Calijackalbob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calijackalbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2016 at 14:12
My mate had to push his Griso home after the filter popped off, but he has plenty of experience pushing his 6 bikes around the car park, so it didn't kill him.

On another note; I converted my Bellagio into a Cafe racer and when I took the Fuel pump out to put it in the V7 tank, I found it had NO FILTER! I told the previous owner who said he had twice paid to have fuel filters replaced. He won't be going back to That mechanic for servicing again!

I originally used a plastic V7 tank, but when the Hydrochrome paint job deteriorated in record time I got a metal tank and chromed it. 
The Bellagio Fuel pump with filter attached just wouldn't fit into the different tank, so I plumbed the filter into the hose from the tank just 
before the injectors. Works fine. Easier to get to to replace too.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic