guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Out and About > Guzzisti go touring
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

France tour on Griso 1100

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hughguzzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: France tour on Griso 1100
    Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 17:25
Just got back on Sunday from a tour of France with 4 friends (GS 1200's and a CCM) and me on a Griso 1100. Camping every night so lots to take! How on a Griso -m well Ebay was my friend this time with a carrier rack I modified to fit, Cargo endurance soft panniers and tail pack, Givi screen, lowered the pegs by 1" and set up suspension to suit. Only wish it had 1 more higher gear for the motorways and a slightly bigger tank then it would have been perfect ! Did about 2500 miles in 9 days. Got to the edge of the tyres on those Pyrenean roads and now need a new front tyre Wink. Cleaned bike up and returned it to normal and discovered the 2 into 1 pipe has cracked - bugger ! so dismantling the pipes to get it stainless welded - only problem is 2 of the manifold nuts look pretty corroded so might be a pain removing.... Ahh the joys of Italian build quality ....still only saw 2 other guzzis on the trip and the Italian Stelvio owner was so exited to meet another Guzzi rider - made my mates chuckle.

Edited by hughguzzi - 12 Jul 2016 at 17:36
Jerry atric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry atric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 21:53
Sounds great, very envious
Squarepants View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squarepants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 06:29
Good to hear about a successful trip. You managed to load the Griso up like a pack mule which is something i've vowed never to do with mine as it would compromise the looks (i'm a bit of a tart :)) .

If you could have done with another gear for the M-way stretches, I really feel for your travelling mate on his CCM! I guess he had the right bike for the Pyrenees, though.

Jon
Smiling while it stays reliable...
Ado View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2016 at 20:04
Nice one Hugh,touring on a griso and why not,I recall touring with a buddy on his Griso in France ,the best looking guzzi on the fourcourt/petrol station,the small tank designed certainly allows for more posing.well done and thanks for sharing - Living the dream.
"BEST YEARS OF OUR LIFE"
johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2016 at 20:57
The griso like all bikes can do anything it just needs a owner who wants that bike to do it . Grisos rock
1100 sport corsa , Yam R1, guzzi 650tt rider
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic