guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Small Blocks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

V7 tyres

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petemzmg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: V7 tyres
    Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 21:56
Hi guys anyone got any recommendations for tyres For V7 Stone with alloy wheels other than the Pirrelli sport demons, I don't rate the ones I've got on at the moment and the rear one is nearly ready for changing at 4000miles, cheers for any comments, Pete 
Oafski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oafski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 22:50
Just put a pair of Bridgestone BT45s on my 750 Breva. Love 'em.
OCD- Old Coffin Dodger
"Good Deeds never go unpunished"
Fat bloke on a Honda
petemzmg View Drop Down
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petemzmg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 22:56
Hi oafski I think Breva wheels are different sizes to V7 which are 17inch rear and 18inch front
Oafski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oafski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 23:02
Both 17 inch on the Breva But I'm sure that others will be along to tell you that BT45s work well on all the Small Block Guzzis.
OCD- Old Coffin Dodger
"Good Deeds never go unpunished"
Fat bloke on a Honda
petemzmg View Drop Down
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petemzmg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 23:17
OK thanks for that mate
BobV7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BobV7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 06:31
BT 45's work well.
V7 Classic Black and gold was the best. But green & black was nice too. Now blue is in!
red leader one View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote red leader one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 10:21
I'll be putting on BT45's as soon as the  Demons are done.

http://www.bridgestone.co.uk/moto/ranges/battlax/bt-45/

Edited by red leader one - 07 Jul 2016 at 10:24
Cylvabirch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cylvabirch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 18:58
BT 45s are going on my V7C as a soon as the Metzlers are worn enough. They were lovely on my older T3 Cali.
italianmotor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote italianmotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 19:32
I'm curious to know what issues people had with Pirelli Sport Demons. I had always heard they were excellent. I usually always use BT45s but was think of trying Sport Demons next time. I'm not looking for lots of mileage, just lots of grip.
Guzzi lover doing my own thing: http://www.italianmotormagazine.com
motopete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motopete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 20:58
Happy with the grip and feel from Sport Demons on my V7 II.  Only gripe is they tend to flip-flop either side of white lines when filtering through traffic.

I'd be happy to use the same again.
oldlegs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldlegs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 22:54
I've been happy enough with my sport demons and just changed the rear after 6000 miles. The problem is the front with about 3mm of tread has started to delaminate so I've had to change that as well. Steve
Current: Beta Motard M4. Beta Motard tourer. Beta Super Motard. Beta Alp.
red leader one View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote red leader one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2016 at 10:15
Bike moves on paint on the road with Demons doesn't with 45's
deltic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deltic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2016 at 11:07
2013 v7 racer.drop tyre pressures a bit this settled my bike on white lines a bit
BobV7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobV7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2016 at 13:22
I don't know if it's still there but in the handbook it used to quote the tyre pressures at 36psi front and rear. The tyre makers recommendations was around 33 f and 36 r.
V7 Classic Black and gold was the best. But green & black was nice too. Now blue is in!
Rory View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2016 at 17:04
Originally posted by BobV7 BobV7 wrote:

I don't know if it's still there but in the handbook it used to quote the tyre pressures at 36psi front and rear. The tyre makers recommendations was around 33 f and 36 r.

For riding solo on a V7 II, Moto Guzzi recommends 2.5 bar, or about 36 psi, for both tires.

Pirelli's web site says the same.

If you look at Pirelli's 2016 catalogue, sometimes it recommends different pressures for front and rear Sport Demons, and sometimes it recommends the same pressure, depending on the bike.

2016 V7 II Special
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic