guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Small Blocks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

V7 tyres

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 08:20
Guys on the American forums suggested the Scorpion Trails.  I run 36 rear / 32 front.

I also had a problem with the original Sport Demon front tyre splitting....Pirelli refunded 25% of cost.

I softened the front end with lighter fork oil - and put the same volume in each leg as one had too much in it!

Cheers
Andy
red leader one View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red leader one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 20:12
Originally posted by Tony-C Tony-C wrote:

Hello Red Leader One . . . At my last MOT, it was noted that the rear tyre on my 2015 V7II, was on its way out . . . It has always worn Pirelli sport demons since new . . . This next one will be the fourth. . . and on average I only get 4,400 miles from each one . . . Mr Mot tester got me a very fair price for a Battlax, and said the dual compound will be more resistant to "squaring off" the centre. . . However, this Sunday, on a ride-out with a friend, and fellow V7 owner, he told me that when he put a Battlax on his bike. . . That 4,400 miles was all he got out of his tyre . . . Sadly, I feel in a bit of a quandary. . . what to do for the best ..? Regards, Tony

Ah, the old  "one man's meat is another man's poison".

I can only say what I will put on mine and only you can decide what you put on yours.

It's the same with oil.
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 21:07
Yep, ask 20 people what tyre is best and you get at least 20 different answers.LOL
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
Andyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 22:15
Define ‘best’.
......or read Robert Pirsig / Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance!

AndyB

motopete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motopete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 17:17
I put Avon RoadRiders on my V7 II, really happy with them. Turn in feels a touch stodgy compared to the Sport Demons, but once used to that they feel more grippy and inspire much more confidence especially in cool/damp conditions.
They're MUCH happier on white lines etc, it was really tricky filtering on the Pirellis.

NB. My front Pirelli also delaminated, I could feel a slight 'bump - bump  - bump' through the bars on smooth surfaces.
George S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 20:17
+1 for Avon Roadriders fitted to my Nevada this year. Vast improvement I found same benefits as motopete 
George

1994 Nevada
1962 Lightweight ducati Bevel Single
Son's 1990 1000S to borrow any time
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic