guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Modifications and Restorations > Restorations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

lemon v resto

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 22:34
Shimming up the selector drum correctly can make a huge difference to the smoothness of changes.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 00:39
Originally posted by chrisshrops chrisshrops wrote:

It's not so much a false neutral as just not going into third gear

Do you mean it stays in second gear?

"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."
chrisshrops View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisshrops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 20:56
Second to third great is very hard ,which made me think the fork is buggerd ,all we be revealed when it's apart
,it needs a full strip and rebuild so I will read the ace shim thread ,and see were I end up
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 01:26
Oh I see

"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisshrops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 22:02
Well I built a new garden workshop and finally got the mk v home .
I have just started the strip down,the front engine bolt turns freely ,which is a real bonus .
The bike needs a complete strip down,all the metal work needs refinishing the gearbox rebuilding ,the wires are a bird nest of insulating tape and oils,so I think I will rewire .
All in all a winters work . Pics to follows along with lots of questions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisshrops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 15:56
here we go its a dirty brute 

Oldrat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 19:38
Looking forward to seeing how you get on Chris.

One thing is clear, that workshop won't stay that clean for long, ..nice!

1976 "Zagato" Gootsi cafe racer
BMW GSA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisshrops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2016 at 15:18
Haha thanks buddy the workshop is shiny new and stinks of paint ,I did jet wash the bike and soak it in degreaser ,but it's still filthy .

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisshrops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 18:34
well my bike now looks like this time for the gearbox rebuild and a new flywheel as the current one is fairly chewed up I will check the clutch whilst I'm at it ,at the moment every bearing on the frame and wheels was bugger all good ,I'm not sure how the chap was riding it Exclamation

Edited by chrisshrops - 06 Apr 2017 at 18:48

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisshrops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 18:37
have any of you chaps used the  ram clutch from gutsibits ? I see it comes with a lighter flywheel  ect 

Edited by chrisshrops - 06 Apr 2017 at 18:46

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisshrops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 17:52
so i had a little time this afternoon so I started to make my seat base from some boat building resin and woven mat ,its very easy to do just some cling film gaffer tape and a cup of tea

once it has cured I will get the foam on the seat pop the tank on and sculpt the foam i use an angle grinder and a 24 grit sanding disk only because I use this for sculpting oak at my work,and 120 grit disk would do less damage 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisshrops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 17:55
The frame lowers have been altered to fit the battery's so they fit behind the gearbox and centre stand .

More to follow when I get some work done on it 
johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 19:55
A m8 as done the same with battery on a 1100 sport
1100 sport corsa , Yam R1, guzzi 650tt rider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisshrops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 18:33
Well im making progress now, need to get the rear diff rebuilt and some exhausts .
The other thing im making up are cables ,anyone got any images of the cable rout to the belltop carbs with a twin pull throttle ?

johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 20:49
Looking goodThumbs Up
1100 sport corsa , Yam R1, guzzi 650tt rider
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic