guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Out and About > Guzzisti go touring
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

where to in 2016?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zecis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: where to in 2016?
    Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 13:25
Well, there is another click of the clock, and it's now 2016!
What plans have we for 2016?, Where would you like to go on tour?

For my part I have been reading Dave P' Scilly trip report with a certain amount of jealousy, I've never got further South than the Tuscany area on the bike.... the 2 weeks allocation of holiday or the budget is always blown by that stage Cry . - So I would love to have a month (and the requisite funds) to go right down to the bottom of Italy, slowly, zig-zagging my way down.

Should the lottery come up, it is across to the US and a coast to coast ride - again not too quickly.

Realistically it is likely to be Bon France, together with a few trips around the UK for me, with tent and primus - looking for nice camps next to or near nice pubs... or with spectacular scenery, maybe also with a nearby hostelry Big smile

What are your plans?

Adam

Regards Adam
Located near Stonehenge
...A 1200sport (2 valve with stage 1), Daytona RS, and a Centauro GT (the last one is for sale if you are interested)
Tarquin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 13:41
I have got a trip to France and Spain in June provisionally booked with 2 mates so will give the Pan it's first long run.

I am also hoping to get back to the IOM for either the Southern 100 or the Manx Classic.
California 111,California 1100i,Suzuki FZ50, Yamaha YB100, NSU Quickly,

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”
triple3 View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triple3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 17:26
3 and 1/2 weeks, end of august start of september, Adriatic coast to Dubrovnik, turn round head back home via Mandello for 95th celebrations. That's the plan anyway......
I'ts not what i do, it's what i know.. 1200 sport 8v. trident 900. cali2. xj750.
Dave P. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 17:43
Originally posted by triple3 triple3 wrote:

3 and 1/2 weeks, end of august start of september, Adriatic coast to Dubrovnik, turn round head back home via Mandello for 95th celebrations. That's the plan anyway......

OOOH! I do like the sound of that.
We are heading back to Sicily to complete the tour.This time I shall ride to Genoa and take the ferry from there.I'd rather ride down but the ferry saves time and money.Caroline will fly to Palermo then we'll go visit the family in Corleone
TO LIVE OUTSIDE THE LAW YOU MUST BE HONEST.

1971 V7 Special. 1972 850GT.
1970 T120 Bonnie. 2009 500 Bullet.
Tarquin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 17:43
Oooooooooooooooooo that sounds bloody great! Thumbs Up
California 111,California 1100i,Suzuki FZ50, Yamaha YB100, NSU Quickly,

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”
Normski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Normski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2016 at 19:28
Went to the Troffeo Rosso last year, great event,which you can just drop into or camp on site.The surrounding area is very nice and it's not very far from the channel ports or even Calais. Could be a good destination for a newbie or experienced tourer.
Ken-Guzzibear View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2016 at 19:33
look on facebook the rockbar loads of eeeevents in 2016
The Older i Get, The Better I Was
Android View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Android Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2016 at 08:00
I did my first trip abroad last year with a group of Ducati Multistrada guys to Boscoverde in the heart of the Dolomites....WOW..... and would love to go back.
Off to Scotland in May for a week staying in Aberchalder.
I've got some camping gear together so maybe some rallies ......Vee Twin maybe.
You can't buy happiness,
But can buy a bike and that's pretty close!
Moto Guzzi 1200 Sport
Zecis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zecis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2016 at 08:33
Yep the Vee Twin and 2 strokes at Taunton is in the diary - and I have a pass for the Aug Bank Holiday :)
Regards Adam
Located near Stonehenge
...A 1200sport (2 valve with stage 1), Daytona RS, and a Centauro GT (the last one is for sale if you are interested)
Raeburn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raeburn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2016 at 10:53
Going to Superally in Spain, its a Harley do but they are V Twins!
T3 LM2
daviedevs View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daviedevs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2016 at 00:14
Scotland for 5 days in May with the lads..then a Euro jaunt in July..just Portugal and Spain this year..with SWMBO on the back.

We did the Balkans/Croatia tour last year..awesome, awesome, awesome. A few long days but well worth it.
Life's always better with twins!
Zecis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zecis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2016 at 09:26
Heading off to Cherbourg in early May - returning via Santander in mid May - a good 13 day break Tongue

As always the weather will dictate where we go and the route we follow.... but may try Spain for a bit longer this year - Picos and the NW coast, unless of course France does its normal job of seduction
Regards Adam
Located near Stonehenge
Ken-Guzzibear View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2016 at 09:28
Wherever you go Ride safe Party hard and enjoy
The Older i Get, The Better I Was
Zecis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zecis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 20:25
Getting excited......this time next week i will be less than 12 hours from leaving Portsmouth for Cherbourg, and 13 days before the boat comes back from Santander. The weather will dictate the route, but Italy or the Picos are definate maybes for a good few days ....who knows maybe we will do both

Regards Adam
Located near Stonehenge
Zecis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zecis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 18:23
Tomorrow its off to Europe on the 1200... back on the 16th Tongue
Regards Adam
Located near Stonehenge
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic