guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Loop Frames
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Loop single seat?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote italianmotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Loop single seat?
    Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 09:32
Someone on here was recently looking for a loop single seat? This one in Italy is worth looking at, looks like new, no worries of customs fees etc:

http://www.ebay.it/itm/sella-monoposto-tipo-guzzi-v7-eldorado-polizia-USA-/121803961057?
Guzzi lover doing my own thing: http://www.italianmotormagazine.com
manxie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 11:01
Originally posted by italianmotor italianmotor wrote:

Someone on here was recently looking for a loop single seat? This one in Italy is worth looking at, looks like new, no worries of customs fees etc:

http://www.ebay.it/itm/sella-monoposto-tipo-guzzi-v7-eldorado-polizia-USA-/121803961057?

It was me!! Wink  Nice find, I`ve asked the seller for a shipping price before I click on the "Buy it Now" button .... problem is, I am now thinking of selling the bike to get a classic car, not sure Confused Thank you for posting this Thumbs Up
manxie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2015 at 19:57
Thanks italianmotor, I bought the seat, shipping was EUR30 and as you say...no duty Big smile Fingers crossed now, that it will turn up as described. A big thank you again Thumbs Up Would like to find one of these now, although duty on $105 plus shipping may not be to bad?

cheers.

Edited by manxie - 08 Nov 2015 at 20:28
italianmotor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote italianmotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 09:29
No problem, if it doesn't turn up tell me and I'll write the seller a stiff letter of complaint in Italian.

Edited by italianmotor - 09 Nov 2015 at 19:55
Ken-Guzzibear View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 13:37
I do know the guys with the much older Guzzi singles use Agostinis in Mandello  for the reason they speak English, no customs fees and they seem to stock just about everything. I have bought a fair amount from teo Lammers for the same reason In fact the postage was actually less at the time from teo lammers than it was from the spares places in the UK !!!! It is well worth looking at these places
The Older i Get, The Better I Was
manxie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 19:15
Originally posted by italianmotor italianmotor wrote:

No problem, if it doesn't turn up tell me and I'll write the seller a stiff letter of complaint in Italian.

Thanks italianmotor, the seat turned up today, cracking buy and very pleased with it. Thank you for your help. Cheers, Steve. Thumbs Up
italianmotor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote italianmotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2015 at 10:35
No worries, post up a pic when it's fitted!
manxie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2015 at 20:56
Hi. Solo seat is now fitted, needs a tweek just to get it right but it`s looking really well Smile No pictures yet because of the weather! I`m also manufacturing a rear rack for it, (save spending $105 plus shipping and duty) oh, in fact I`m making two, one will be painted gloss black, the other I`ll send to chroming which I think will look even better. It is something along the lines of the LAPD radio rack that Harpers sell in the U.S. As soon as I get a chance  I`ll take a picture....PS. I have the bike for sale in the "bikes for sale" section if anyone is interested...price is negotiable. Cheers, Steve. Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic