guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Modifications and Restorations > Restorations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Guzzi Spada Resto

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob Farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2015 at 21:38
That tank set me thinking. I had a T3 Cali a few years ago and loved it. So...I'm doing this Spada as a T3 replica 

My old T3...Let the spending begin LOL

Ken-Guzzibear View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2015 at 22:08
more convert/G5 then worth noting when looking the V1000 are in essence a 1000cc T3 they share the same cycle parts the convert had footboards BUT  if you prefer footpegs the spade ones will work the bags were horrid sooooo newer Givi ones will fit panniers and the V1000 rear rack if you want a top box fit the givi plate to the rack as they do with the 1100 range .....all you need are the bars and cables replacing, personally I would have the seat reupholstered in king queen style the T3 is real bad for a pillion ......nb the grab rail on the V1000 fits and works better than the huge one on the Cali, but hey that is my take on it ......
Base for the seat is the same
as are many cycle parts

The Older i Get, The Better I Was
Rob Farmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob Farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 05:11
I had the use of a friends G5 for a few months and thought it was a great bike. The look of the Cali seat really works for me despite the Mrs having no chance of fitting on the back.

BondEquipe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BondEquipe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 19:34
That Cali seat was one of the main reasons for me selling mine. Looks fantastic but too small for the Mrs yet too wide for my daughter (12) to reach the pegs. No use for carrying luggage either. You won't hear this said often but my Le Mans is much more practical!
Stephen
Black & Gold LM2
+ Other Bikes & Projects!
David Nimrod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Nimrod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 20:30
Originally posted by BondEquipe BondEquipe wrote:

You won't hear this said often but my Le Mans is much more practical!

I'm hoping that my Spada NT is the perfect middle ground between Le Mans and Cali...

We shall see Wink

BMW R1150GS (2003)
Harley FXST (1989)
Harley FLHS (1988)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob Farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2015 at 13:26
New shocks have arrived Thumbs Up

And very nice they are too. £310 delivered from the Shock factory http://www.shock-factory.co.uk/2winshocks.html Nice people to deal with as well.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob Farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 22:03
Time for another update

I've been tracking down bits for the past few weeks. A rear mudguard took some finding - I had ordered a set from Gutsibits was told it would be a month or so but still no sign. Disappointingly they've taken the money already which is a bit naughty.

A tracked one down from TLM to keep things moving.

The hardest parts to find where the bearing carriers for the spoked wheels I bought from Pigford. Stein Dinse initially said they could get some but there would be a long delay. They have now listed them as NLA.
Fortunately Joe Caruso came tot he rescue and sorted me out with the arts I need.

This is the current state of the project

NeilD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeilD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2015 at 01:33
looking good...  the shocks look good, similar looking to the stockers on my Le Mans - do they offer options for springs ? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob Farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2015 at 04:50
Neil,

Those shocks are a bone of contention. They were supposedly sprung for my weight but are ridiculously hard, I've also just noticed that the right hand shock hits the final drive housing so need to get back in touch with the manufacturer.
NeilD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeilD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2015 at 05:54
thats a shame.. hope you get it sorted! 
italianmotor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote italianmotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2015 at 09:02
I had some shocks sprung for my weight for my 750 S3 by Hagons, in case the ones you bought don't work out. I've always used Konis which are excellent, but the Hagons are a different class, really transformed the bike. Think it was these: http://www.hagon-shocks.co.uk/catalog/partdetail.aspx?partno=32012TTSA
Guzzi lover doing my own thing: http://www.italianmotormagazine.com
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2015 at 15:56
Originally posted by Rob Farmer Rob Farmer wrote:

Neil,

Those shocks are a bone of contention. They were supposedly sprung for my weight but are ridiculously hard, I've also just noticed that the right hand shock hits the final drive housing so need to get back in touch with the manufacturer.

Turn them the other way up? Adjuster ring at bottom ~ seems like there's more distance to where the spring starts at that end. (?)

The springs on mine fouled the F/D case AND swingarm on the left, ended up putting thick washers onto the mounting stubs to act as spacers.

"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."
NeilD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeilD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2015 at 16:37
seem to remember having to do something similar on one of mine...
johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2015 at 17:56
My 750 runs shocks up side down . I look forward to more updates on this bike
1100 sport corsa , Yam R1, guzzi 650tt rider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob Farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2015 at 22:41
Big step today. Wire wheels fitted and now Starting to come together

Edited by Rob Farmer - 05 Dec 2015 at 22:51
Moto Guzzi Spada t3 Cali lookalike (1980)
BMW R100/7 (1978)
BMW R100gs (1993)
Harley Davidson FXDX (2003)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic