guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Social section > The Bar.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do with yer bike today.......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 323324325326327 436>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranton_rambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 09:39
I once spent an afternoon adjusting my loop’s front 4LS brake. First set it up by the book, ride up and down the lane. Small tweaks of various bits and ride each time. Eventually got it about 6/10. Although when I used it for shopping on Weds it felt terrible so maybe deserves some time while I’m on furlough these next 4 weeks.
Dave P. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 11:15
I think,and I'm not alone, that the twin leader is just as good and easier to live with.
TO LIVE OUTSIDE THE LAW YOU MUST BE HONEST.

1971 V7 Special. 1972 850GT.
1970 T120 Bonnie. 2009 500 Bullet.
iansoady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iansoady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 11:16
Polished the tank........
Ian
1952 Norton ES2
1986 Honda XBR500
1958-ish Greeves/Triumph in progress
BobV7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobV7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 12:11
Having ordered a rather expensive pattern exhaust system I set about dismantling the current one in the hope of recovering some cost by flogging it, only to discover that my totally original four pipes are mainly composed of non original filler and silver paint.Ouch

Now sitting here with a large scotch watching the wind knock seven bells out of my bird feeders.Disapprove
V7 Classic Black and gold was the best. But green & black was nice too. Now blue is in!
Dave P. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 13:43
>As I remember, it´s an ongoing relationship ...
[/QUOTE]

Never was a truer word spoken!!

-HJB- View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -HJB- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 14:48
Originally posted by Dave P. Dave P. wrote:

Never was a truer word spoken!! [/QUOTE]

Well, I think we are still at that early, optimistic stage, thinking this might have potential, spending lots of time getting to know each other etc! I’m trying not to compare things to the previous, lower maintenance, less effort but maybe not as pretty model! If this is going to work I might have to lower my expectations a little, she is 7 years older after all and it was the looks that drew me in! LOL
Dave P. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 14:59
Unlike most up to the minute modern vehicles,YOU GETS OUT WHAT YOU PUTS IN.

Ken-Guzzibear View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 16:37
Put the spare tank on the V1000 so i can refurb it's origional one , wow just in time starting to rust, so it will be striped back ans primer added then re painted, got a fair few weeks to get it done too

The Older i Get, The Better I Was
Glawster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glawster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 17:38
Originally posted by -HJB- -HJB- wrote:

Originally posted by Dave P. Dave P. wrote:

Never was a truer word spoken!!

Well, I think we are still at that early, optimistic stage, thinking this might have potential, spending lots of time getting to know each other etc! I’m trying not to compare things to the previous, lower maintenance, less effort but maybe not as pretty model! If this is going to work I might have to lower my expectations a little, she is 7 years older after all and it was the looks that drew me in! LOL
[/QUOTE]

I don't think you'll find you need to make any allowance for the V7 Sport's age Paul.  Well excepting perhaps the feeble front brake.  Once you get above 5,000 rpm they fair fly.  I was out recently with one of the Laverda boys on his Jota and he was suprised by quite how quick it could cover ground.  Enjoy it!
Derek
1970 Guzzi V7 Ambassador
1955 Guzzi Falcone Sport
2021 BMW R1250R
1998 Cagiva Gran Canyon
-HJB- View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -HJB- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 18:07
Absolutely!
It doesnt have the midrange grunt of my LM but it certainly wakes up when you let it rev! Thumbs Up
c13pep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c13pep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 18:44
As riding is not on at the minute I thought I would wake the birds up by firing all three bikes in to action after finally managing to sort out the Sport headlight. All three bikes fired up easily but must remember to open all the garage doors next time as what I thought was just the `heady` warble of two MGs and a BMW turned out to be the onset of carbon monoxide poisoning. I emerged from the garage coughing and spluttering much to the amusement of `her indoors` muttering "silly old fool", well that`s what I thought she said (I know the last word began with F) . I put it down to enthusiasm she put it down to stupidity I wouldn`t dare argue

CHRIS
you can`t have any fun in a straight line

Monza
Honda CB77 project

ItieNut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ItieNut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 13:54
Its good to know I'm not the only one to have done that.
One day I will remember to open the door first when tinkering
Guzzi1000SE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guzzi1000SE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 14:11
I decided to do the same on Saturday and fire my two bikes up. The Guzzi fired straight away not an issue (3-year-old Motobatt battery) the Beemer wouldn't even turn over even though the last time I fired them both on the same day not an issue with either. Started looking for a new battery and came across the Enduroline Advanced Motorcycle Battery. As anyone any experience of this battery make/model?

P.S. I did remember to lift the garage door this time
c13pep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c13pep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 14:27
My beemer and Monza are fitted with bog standard lead acid cheapo batteries and they seem to withstand the abuse whereas the Sport, well its tidgy gel battery only needs looking at to die the death

CHRIS
you can`t have any fun in a straight line

Monza
Honda CB77 project

Dave P. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 14:31
Well, a prescription had to be picked up this morning, so I went out to collect it on the old V7 Special. Only a short trip but pure joy.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 323324325326327 436>
  Share Topic