guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Social section > The Bar.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do with yer bike today.......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 268269270271272 436>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickbrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 07:52
its more comfy than it looks …..honest...LOL

its the 350 TT version
iceni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 10:44
After successfully sorting out the birds nest that is the wiring at the instrument panel, fitting LED’s, everything working as it should, then applying heat shrink to all connectors, I put the electrics to bed and got on with something else.  This morning, I carried out another compression test after having valve and seats machined, obtaining readings of 160 and 170.  After this test, I ran through the various functions and found that I now have no front lights and the main beam warning light is permanently on - and no, Robert, the bulbs aren’t out of phase, even though they’re off when they should be onLOL  The problem may well lie with one of the 75 earth connections,  but
this bike is testing my loyalty to the marque. In other words, I’m getting pissed off!!!!  Fairing off, and away we go again.Angry

Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 11:51
But at least the cylinder pressure is good.

Are you sure you haven't fitted one of those black headlight bulbs by mistake? Wink

Yes, check the earths first.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
iceni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 17:40
Today, I are a bit more relaxed, having discovered the reason for the no front light scenario, the culprit being a dislodged connection to the rear of the headlight.  I may have caught it when I fitted the fairing, so my fault.   New downpipes a week away so I’ll fit the old stuff so I can run it and check the timing before I fit the fairing lowers.  Having got rid of old grease and oxidisation, the bike is beginning to resemble something half decent.  Downside is I have to bleed the linked brakes.Ouch
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 17:42
Originally posted by iceni iceni wrote:

Downside is I have to bleed the linked brakes.Ouch

You love it really. LOL
Brian.

iceni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 18:04
It’s a “ Marmite” bike!!!
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 21:18

Had a new brake line made today.  Fitted rear banjo to splitter ok but front fitting is twisting hose long before a seal would be achieved.  Going back tomorrow to see if I can get “swivel” fittings.  PITA!

Struggling to visualize this. Does the front hose go to the front caliper? No bundy tube?

"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."
iceni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 21:36
Correct - no bundy tube. Single braided line from splitter to front calliper.
Rear master cylinder has a plain cap, and stoplight switch Is a micro switch attached to brake pedal.  
jpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 08:51
Can't help but wonder, why stick to nonsensical mods ?

The bundy tube eliminates line-twisting problems, and the splitter has provision for a light switch Confused
rbt1548 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rbt1548 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 10:13

, I ran through the various functions and found that I now have no front lights and the main beam warning light is permanently on - and no, Robert, the bulbs aren’t out of phase, even though they’re off when they should be onLOL 

Don't bloody drag me into this, all I'm doing is quietly try to sell an indicator LOL

P.S. And it  works LOL
1975 Honda CB750 K5
1958 Wife

It wisnae me, a big boy done it and ran away!

"I was so much older then; I'm younger than that now!"
Barry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 11:42
I'm a bit of a Mechanical Inept, but one of the upsides of that is that I am continually delighted when I am introduced to a tool (that I have generally never even have imagined the existence of) that does just one job, and does it with style and efficiency.  I've always been slightly afeared of my Molex connecting blocks, but no longer, I tell you, no longer...

Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 13:51
I think a jeweller's screwdriver will do the same thing, just about.
Brian.

iansoady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iansoady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 14:21
Except when I use one I generally manage to stab myself.

How does that tool work?
Ian
1952 Norton ES2
1986 Honda XBR500
1958-ish Greeves/Triumph in progress
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 14:36
I think you push it down the side of each pin from the back and it releases the tang which locks the pin into the housing.
Brian.

iceni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 16:19
Originally posted by jpc jpc wrote:

Can't help but wonder, why stick to nonsensical mods ?

The bundy tube eliminates line-twisting problems, and the splitter has provision for a light switch Confused
Brake lines fitted by PO. Hydraulic co couldn’t make bundy tube fittings for a few days so I’ve taken the quick option but with a swivel connector which has sorted the issue.  Splitter has brake switch and is also wired, however, the rear master cylinder has plain cap - no electrical connection, consequently PO has fitted a crappy micro switch.  IF I like the bike after riding it for a while, I’ll deal with these and other issues. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 268269270271272 436>
  Share Topic