guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Social section > The Bar.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do with yer bike today.......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 255256257258259 436>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theone&onlymin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 17:45
Skinnied down the back end of the Stelvio so I did.

Cheers
Min
cugsy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cugsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 17:20
Oh, I miss my Stelvio. But not the barking mad electronics that self destructed.  Anyhoo, after riding the 750 superdream to work  for 2 weeks and even taking the car today...Shocked.. I got home and it was sunny. Surprise surprise the big girl started first time and settled down to a steady and lumpy tickover.  Then a quickish 40 mile bimble around suffolk and norfolk down the little lanes.  Back home with a tail wind. 

Bless the CaliforniaEvil Smile
Due to italian electrickery I am saying nowt. Despite nearly giving the Vstrom away the honda has gone...
cugsy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cugsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 11:36
shoulda kept quiet. Took at least 6 prods to fire up this morning..
Due to italian electrickery I am saying nowt. Despite nearly giving the Vstrom away the honda has gone...
c13pep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c13pep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 11:58
Originally posted by cugsy cugsy wrote:

That'll be sods law or character
CHRIS
you can`t have any fun in a straight line

Monza
Honda CB77 project

theone&onlymin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theone&onlymin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 18:48
Originally posted by cugsy cugsy wrote:

Did you have to wake them up ?

Cheers
Min

Jerry atric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry atric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 18:55
You probably have to be Irish to get that in a hurry, so you do.
Jim Mac View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 15:22
had the exhaust head blowing on right hand side all week so looked at it today.  Inside nut had disappeared  and collar was loose.  The right hand bolt was rotted with rust.

Had to chisel the nut off, to get the collar off and then remove the pipe.  As I suspected the exhaust gasket was gone and pipe has some space to loosed, same as other side last year, lucky I bought two.  Both bolts were heavily rusted.  Because of the hassle in getting all the plastic off I decided not to try and remove them at this point  - that can wait for better weather.  There was enough space to get a Die in and cut the threads, very slowly  but managed it.

Gasket in, collar on, bolted up and all back to running quietly, result.  Another two hour job to replace a 2 quid part, don't ya just live guzzis

Edited by Jim Mac - 17 Mar 2019 at 15:25
V85 TT Trzvel    BMW R45
Too old to die young
BondEquipe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BondEquipe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 16:24
Had a great ride out on Saturday (not on a Guzzi, one's on the bench & one under it!). Big loop taking in the Super Sausage cafe (nr Towcester) where MCN were billed to be having a do. Turned up, found a few people huddled in the car park, nothing going on and a queue for the cafe out of the door in the wind. A quick, "Sod that" and up the road to Jack's Hill for a greasy fry up.  We had to avoid the CMA but otherwise fine.
Finished off with seeing Dr Feelgood & The Stranglers in Brum. Cracking day.
Stephen
Black & Gold LM2
+ Other Bikes & Projects!
iceni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 16:25
Continued working on the 1000SP, rectifying things that shouldn’t need doing.  Today I had the help of an experienced electrical engineer and together we tackled the crappy wiring to the instruments and warning lights.  I thought we’d cracked it, but now have a situation where, having identified the left and right hand indicator warning lights, now find that when the lights are switched on, the ind. warning light bulb illuminates as well, and also flashes when using the indicator.  At this stage, my sparky friend threw in the towel.  I suppose it doesn’t help that the bike has Yamaha switchgear, consequently the wire colours don’t match the excellent laminated wiring diagram.   Work continues......
ps If I observe smoke coming from this bike, it definitely WON’T
be from the exhaust Big smile

Dave P. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 20:33
Fry up at Jacks Hill on Sunday as is my habit, and a ride into Northampton V Twin today to get a Harley D gift voucher for my mates birthday.He also has a Jota and a T3 so is a man of catholic tastes.
TO LIVE OUTSIDE THE LAW YOU MUST BE HONEST.

1971 V7 Special. 1972 850GT.
1970 T120 Bonnie. 2009 500 Bullet.
rbt1548 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rbt1548 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 20:35
Originally posted by Jerry atric Jerry atric wrote:

You probably have to be Irish to get that in a hurry, so you do.

Not really. Thumbs Up
1975 Honda CB750 K5
1958 Wife

It wisnae me, a big boy done it and ran away!

"I was so much older then; I'm younger than that now!"
Jerry atric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry atric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 20:39
Oh yeah!
iansoady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iansoady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 14:38
Took the V50 out for its first (chilly) run of the year. Very enjoyable. It started instantly and ran perfectly despite having sat since September with petrol in the tank.
Ian
1952 Norton ES2
1986 Honda XBR500
1958-ish Greeves/Triumph in progress
johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 16:41
Originally posted by iansoady iansoady wrote:

Took the V50 out for its first (chilly) run of the year. Very enjoyable. It started instantly and ran perfectly despite having sat since September with petrol in the tank.
 Thumbs Up
1100 sport corsa , Yam R1, guzzi 650tt rider
johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 19:41
Rode me sport Corsa a few miles for a MOT it passed but the main joy was riding again after 3 weeks of unable to do soThumbs Up
1100 sport corsa , Yam R1, guzzi 650tt rider
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 255256257258259 436>
  Share Topic