guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Social section > The Bar.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do with yer bike today.......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 249250251252253 436>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motopete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 10:45
Reminds me of my old CZ Johnno, causing havoc around Trent Meadows Smile 
Bet you wouldn't do that with a brand new V85TT...
johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 11:18
Originally posted by motopete motopete wrote:

Reminds me of my old CZ Johnno, causing havoc around Trent Meadows Smile 
Bet you wouldn't do that with a brand new V85TT...
well I would ride in wet weather on a v85tt but I would not be crossing Ford's that are so deep you can't see your petrol tank when bike is upright lol or on snow covered roads . That v85tt is beau but the pricing puts me off abit.
1100 sport corsa , Yam R1, guzzi 650tt rider
motopete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motopete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 18:16
It's the price of bikes that puts me off riding my V7 during the salt season Johnno, and the fact I'm a bit obsessive about keeping it in showroom nick... It feels like a bike that deserves to be looked after if you know what I mean.
I actually quite enjoy winter riding but I get that particular pleasure on my pushbike; got to keep fit somehow!

I like the look of those mitts BTW Thumbs Up
johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 18:38
I want to stop riding me sport Corsa and GSXR in winter months I got enough bikes to start looking after those two . 
theone&onlymin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theone&onlymin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 12:28
Put the Stelvio in the lockup (it's a delicate flower so it is)and brought the G5 out for the salty slushy roads we're about to get. Lovely 2C riding today. Full sun, dry roads. Happy days

Cheers
Min
Jim Mac View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 11:02
nothing, left it in the garage, too bloody icy to even think of taking it out on ungritted roads so revert to using bus and watching a guy who recently had taken a hit of something stagger all around the front of the bus before the driver put him off 'for his own safety'

roll on a thaw !!
V85 TT Trzvel    BMW R45
Too old to die young
Gfiver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gfiver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 11:31
Originally posted by theone&onlymin theone&onlymin wrote:

Put the Stelvio in the lockup (it's a delicate flower so it is)and brought the G5 out for the salty slushy roads we're about to get. Lovely 2C riding today. Full sun, dry roads. Happy days

Cheers
Min
I have to agree.
I have a XSR700 Yam as a daily driver and it is a great bike, but such a fragile finish ! If I carry on using it in the winter it'll be a 3 year old wreck in the spring.
And the G5 is so much more durable, and easier to clean, and dammit, I enjoy the G5 so much more that I'm thinking of selling the Yam.
johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 13:42
My 1100 sport needed throttle cables oiling so sorted that this morning and took her for a run as the icey roads melted , top bike Thumbs Up
iceni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 16:05
Working on 1000SP it’s showing it’s age re parts affected by rust.
Even the headlight rim is rough. I’ll have a go at filling and painting it.  Gutsibits came good with the breather valve and a few other bits.  Am going to paint downpipes, as they have a poor but solid finish, but I may get price for chrome plating. Centre stand had a crack in it so that’s been welded.  Still need to tackle the warning light wiring and connections, but keep avoiding it!
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 18:55
Yes you reminded me of Hammeriting under the rear mudguard and behind the sidepanels, and the seat base. Later it all got professionally resprayed. Was only 6 years old by then too. Confused

"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."
iceni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 08:27
The condition of the frame on this one is reasonably good, apart from a number of dents in the top tube and SA area that indicate its been hit with a ball pein hammer. Dont think Hammerite paint will sort it though!!
Heart is telling me to strip it and do it properly: head is telling me to sort it and ride it. Head is in front at the mo.
johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 10:01
Originally posted by iceni iceni wrote:

The condition of the frame on this one is reasonably good, apart from a number of dents in the top tube and SA area that indicate its been hit with a ball pein hammer. Dont think Hammerite paint will sort it though!!
Heart is telling me to strip it and do it properly: head is telling me to sort it and ride it. Head is in front at the mo.
I have a 650 tt , 750 xpa .T5 , 1100 sport all bought as projects 10 years later all still in project form but all now done good mileage since buying as I can't stop riding them lol. 
iansoady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iansoady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 10:31
Originally posted by iceni iceni wrote:

Am going to paint downpipes, as they have a poor but solid finish, but I may get price for chrome plating.

I've used these people: http://www.chromefix.co.uk/ a couple of times, most recently for plating for the Norton. They do an excellent job at a reasonable price in their rather Dickensian factory in Balsall Heath. Unlike many platers, they're happy to tackle exhausts / silencers and wheel rims.
Ian
1952 Norton ES2
1986 Honda XBR500
1958-ish Greeves/Triumph in progress
Mr Grumpy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Grumpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 13:06
I was hoping that the service kit from Gutsibits would have arrived as I had a free day to fettle my B750.  I had the front wheel off to take a look at things but I needed to move the bike in the garage first. I carelessly piled the Leeds of my Oxford charger on top the bike when still connected to the battery . I thought I smelled smokeDead and found myself wreathed in it. I must of inadvertently shorted the charger and melted the leads of the charger. Bike electrics seem ok. What an idiot! I need a new charger now - it was about 20 years old 
Mr Grumpy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Grumpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 13:07
I meant "leads"! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 249250251252253 436>
  Share Topic