guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Social section > The Bar.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do with yer bike today.......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 246247248249250 436>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 20:57
I rode back from Weymouth bike ran sound , shame
 I had to bridge starter motor to fire her up every time I stopped lol . The sport got me aching neck with around 40 miles to go , not bad for 3 days riding
1100 sport corsa , Yam R1, guzzi 650tt rider
johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 19:20
Originally posted by johnno johnno wrote:

I rode back from Weymouth bike ran sound , shame
 I had to bridge starter motor to fire her up every time I stopped lol . The sport got me aching neck with around 40 miles to go , not bad for 3 days riding
me sport is now starting first touch of starter button every time without me doing anything to it 
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 22:13
Did you curse it in Italian?
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 08:25
Just happy it's working but after Xmas will do a few checks
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 09:30
You probably have a dodgy connection somewhere.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
Barry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2018 at 11:49
Sweet baby cheeses, but the roads are slippery out there ):
Gfiver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gfiver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2018 at 16:17
My G5 passed its MOT yesterday and rather than wait until the 1st of January, I just had to get it taxed so as to be able to ride right away.
Today I had a 60 mile round trip to a brunch meeting of the VMCC, a bit of M5, some A & B roads, traffic through Taunton and some wiggly lanes and she behaved so well.
5 years since I rode it and I was wondering, being 5 years older, would it be a bit too big and hefty for me but the old Guzzi charm is doing its thing !
Jerry atric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry atric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2018 at 17:20
That's great. Congratulations.

A clever friend came round and spent less than two hours fiddling with the electrics on me two bacon slicers. When he left, EVERYTHING was working! Christmas come early, it's the best present I could have had. I was on the right track but am just a total numpty with electrical theory   
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2018 at 17:31

"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."
Oldrat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 14:19
I’ll be putting these into storage until the salty road season ends. I might manage to get out on my ACF50’d Beemer though.  The eagle eyed might have spotted the masking tape on the tank. It’s temporary to protect the seat rubbing the new paint work whilst I sort out some protector film.

1976 "Zagato" Gootsi cafe racer
BMW GSA
johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 14:32
Thumbs Up
nab301 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nab301 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 14:35
Lovely paint  job !!Thumbs Up
Nigel
Keep smiling , it makes people wonder what you've been up to!
'19 CB125F,

'18 DL250 SUZUKI V STROM,'99 Bmw R1100S, '03Bullet 65 500, '93 MZ301 Saxon fun (offroad)
TooJuicy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TooJuicy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 16:50
Originally posted by Oldrat Oldrat wrote:

I’ll be putting these into storage until the salty road season ends. I might manage to get out on my ACF50’d Beemer though.

Is this THE Oldrat, previously of VFR Oracle?  I remember that OR getting himself a black Moto Guzzi a few years ago.

Tony  [aka Demandcurve on Bikers Oracle]
Oldrat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 18:29
Thanks Tony. Great to hear from you againThumbs Up.  Yes the very same.

I’m now an Italian bike groupie, I love them and am lucky enough to have three at the mo, 2 Guzzis and a Ducati.

Re Oldrat- It was a last minute choice of ‘handle’ a decade or so ago and it seems to have stuck, so not much point in changing it.

The BO viffer forum is still very much alive although with the impact of social media and a huge problem with servers, it’s somewhat diminished but now recovering.  I now hold a contact list of loads of VFR folk  so PM me if you want more info.

I’ve had the black Guzzi about 4 years, bought from Ray Dunkley well known around these parts.  Yep, it’s a peach. It’s only this last year that I’ve been giving it a well needed refresh.

1976 "Zagato" Gootsi cafe racer
BMW GSA
BondEquipe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BondEquipe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 20:20
"The eagle eyed might have spotted the masking tape on the tank. It’s temporary to protect the seat rubbing the new paint work whilst I sort out some protector film."

I permanently have a piece of the rubber matting that you use under panniers in that position. Seems to be a constant problem.
Stephen
Black & Gold LM2
+ Other Bikes & Projects!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 246247248249250 436>
  Share Topic