guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Social section > The Bar.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do with yer bike today.......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 228229230231232 436>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red leader one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2018 at 19:44
V85, I'd forgot about that.

Seat height probably too high for me.
V7Chris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote V7Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2018 at 20:59
Deposits being taken! I wonder if they will be showing one at the NEC show this year after last year's debacle. I would be sorely tempted if I could sit on one comfortably (short in the leg like RLO it appears). Having said that, I have just put a large deposit on a Vstrom GT. I couldn't put a deposit on anything I hadn't actually ridden mind you. 

Edited by V7Chris - 09 Aug 2018 at 06:27
David_M View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 01:13
Originally posted by red leader one red leader one wrote:

Originally posted by David_M David_M wrote:

One of my 'Motor Vehicle Technology' class looked at my V50 with its disc lock and curly thing up to the handlebar and said 'That's rubbish, you can just do this'. He slid the curly thing off the end of the handlebar - 'See? Bike stolen!' Sometimes there's nothing you can say.

Praise his lateral thinking?
This is the same lad who bored eveyone to death telling us how much he knew about motorcycles. I pointed at the V50 one day and suggested that if he was so expert perhaps he would like to explain how to go about adjusting the chain. He stood very still and stared for over a minute. Suddenly his face lit up - a lightbulb moment if ever I saw one! "You're having me on" he said. "Am I?" "Oh yes", he said, "you're having me on. It's on the other side, innit!"
David_M
LM V, V50 iii
Jerry atric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry atric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 07:08
He's going to end up in government!
Tarquin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 07:12
Originally posted by Jerry atric Jerry atric wrote:

Or change his name by deed poll to Vmaxer.
California 111,California 1100i,Suzuki FZ50, Yamaha YB100, NSU Quickly,

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry atric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 07:13
Cruel
red leader one View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red leader one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 08:06
LOL
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 12:12
But fair.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
iceni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 12:31
Originally posted by Jerry atric Jerry atric wrote:

He IS in government, and he's been cloned multiple times - probably about 644 times( well, there must surely be 10 that are original -or am I being too optimistic)?

motopete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motopete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 12:45
Originally posted by V7Chris V7Chris wrote:

Deposits being taken! I wonder if they will be showing one at the NEC show this year after last year's debacle. I would be sorely tempted if I could sit on one comfortably (short in the leg like RLO it appears). Having said that, I have just put a large deposit on a Vstrom GT. I couldn't put a deposit on anything I hadn't actually ridden mind you. 

But you are keeping the V7 Chris?
I've sort of promised myself that if a I buy another bike I won't part with the V7. We've "bonded" Hug

BTW, 650 or 1000 Vstrom?
ranton_rambler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranton_rambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 17:14
Serviced my 850GT earlier in the week, so thought a little run round the Welsh borders was in order today. About 180 miles including some random turns to see where they went. The first one worked out well with a lovely little single-track lane with views down over Newtown and beyond. The next one was less successful as it turned into an unsurfaced track. Not really an ideal bike so turned round and re-traced steps. Having looked at the OS map back at home, I think it was probably a green lane with right-of-way but, was not sure at the time. Maybe try it again another day?
Still not totally happy with the front brake, which is a 4LS type. I did some experiments with adjustments and it's probably 6.5/10 now, which is about as good as I've ever had it working.
Also, I never thought it had a noisy gearbox, but since Dave P commented on his, I can now hear mine whining too! 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry atric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 18:30
Have you got new brake shoe linings? Could be old hard ones in there.
cugsy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cugsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 18:43
Got wet for the first time in yonks...
Due to italian electrickery I am saying nowt. Despite nearly giving the Vstrom away the honda has gone...
V7Chris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote V7Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 19:16
Originally posted by motopete motopete wrote:

But you are keeping the V7 Chris?
I've sort of promised myself that if a I buy another bike I won't part with the V7. We've "bonded" Hug

BTW, 650 or 1000 Vstrom?
Oh yes! I would have difficulty parting with the V7. It's a 650 WeeStrom Smile
motopete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motopete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 19:35
Originally posted by cugsy cugsy wrote:

Got wet for the first time in yonks...

Me too! I quite enjoyed it for a change, but OMG the roads were greasy in places. I had to really pussy foot a couple of junctions where HGV's dump their diesel (why do they keep doing that?!?)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 228229230231232 436>
  Share Topic