guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Social section > The Bar.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do with yer bike today.......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 219220221222223 436>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 10:03
What was actually wrong with the bevel box in the end?
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
cugsy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cugsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 11:40
If i get this right i'll be surprised

A bien tot graham. Soon mate. I coyld try again next year but the boss is set on a cruise to the states for our lead...sorry....silver wedding do dah.Disapprove

Its fixing time
Due to italian electrickery I am saying nowt. Despite nearly giving the Vstrom away the honda has gone...
iceni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 13:02
speaking of biker friendly cafes, I noticed that Weston’s at Etchingham have closed due to retirement.
I never met him but apparently the owner was an experienced Guzzi man.
Reckon he’ll be missed by the cycling fraternity as well.
cugsy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cugsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 15:35
Hi Brian.  The race bearing (oi fink could be small roller bearing) exploded and took some metal out and ultimately the oil seal. Nigel shimmed and rebuilt it. 
Due to italian electrickery I am saying nowt. Despite nearly giving the Vstrom away the honda has gone...
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 19:58
Originally posted by cugsy cugsy wrote:

Hi Brian.  The race bearing (oi fink could be small roller bearing) exploded and took some metal out and ultimately the oil seal. Nigel shimmed and rebuilt it. 

Been back thru your posts but I can't see where the original problem occurred? Which was what? Sorry .. Confused

"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."
cugsy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cugsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 23:05
I have a feeling that the previous tw#t who owned it didn't do any of the servicing he said he did. The bike seemed ok but for peace of mind I changed every oil it had. When I drained the bevel box not a lot came out - a lot less than 250ml. I think between sitting idle for a while and being mistreated the bearing was pretty much on its way out. Cue the long trip to froggy land and I think it finally kicked the bucket and the oil seal went too.  So, it leaked in france ...a lot. I took it off thinking it was just the seal but the lads who opened it up found the buggered bearings. Then it was sent to NBS and it sits in the garage waiting to be resurrected.  The end. 
iceni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 06:53
Took the 750T out for a bit of a run and discovered that after dispensing with the standard air box and fitting SB's I hadn't got the carb settings as good as I thought I had, so more test runs today. Incidentally, Mike H, I don't have any info about Mr Weston other than his tenuous link to Guzzi I read somewhere: I'd read he was a fount of knowledge etc etc, but didn't know he sold parts. His cafe was covered in Ogri posters and there were a few accessories on racks, such as helmets and clothing. I didn't see anything Guzzi. Good breakfast though
Graham FR View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham FR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 09:43
His name is Wesson check out wessonscafe.com. Met him in the 90’s when he ran a shop in Brighton, nice bloke 
iceni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 12:11
Originally posted by Graham FR Graham FR wrote:

His name is Wesson check out wessonscafe.com. Met him in the 90’s when he ran a shop in Brighton, nice bloke 

Sorry, my mistake - Wesson, not WestonEmbarrassed
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 20:54
I wondered if that's what you meant. He also sold Guzzi spares and second hand bits. 

@cugsy, thanks. Thumbs Up
"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."
chilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 22:40
Bought my T3 from Wessons at Brighton many years ago, when I went to pick it up the cheeky bugger had told the mechanic to replace my nice ally alt cover with a plastic one, I made him put the ally one back on, not a happy mechanic LOL  
Bikes been a good un tho Clap
Tarquin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 17:50
Nice ride out on the ST1300 today taking advantage of the sunshine.

Left Durham and then took the back roads to Stokesley , into Helmsley, Kirkbymoorside before stopping for lunch at Hutton Le Hole which is a lovely little village.

Over the tops to Castleton and then towards to Guisborough which gave fabulous views of the coast in the distance before heading back to Durham avoiding the A19.

About 140 miles done and as per usual the big Honda performed effortlessly.

Edited by Tarquin - 22 Jul 2018 at 20:37
California 111,California 1100i,Suzuki FZ50, Yamaha YB100, NSU Quickly,

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”
V7Chris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote V7Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 18:16
Bike safe day with North Wales police. Worthwhile to remind me how I should be riding. Thanks to Paul and Kevin the trainer and assessor. I drew the short straw and had a 1:1 assessment. Hard work having someone critically assess your riding for 3 hours non-stop! Exhausted now. Recommend the programme though:

Dave P. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 22:28
Attended Founders day at Stamford Hall. As usual, hundreds of bikes of all ages present. There was a light sprinkling of Guzzis including that belonging to "Chilly" of these pages. Nice to see you again ol' chap. We keep bumping into one another. I saw Kate and Guy's bikes but missed the owners. I spotted another GT 850 identical to mine on the A5 heading north, anybody here?
TO LIVE OUTSIDE THE LAW YOU MUST BE HONEST.

1971 V7 Special. 1972 850GT.
1970 T120 Bonnie. 2009 500 Bullet.
ranton_rambler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranton_rambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 06:22
Didn't see you Dave, but I was there with my 850GT. And I did go home on the A5, so maybe was me?
That's a proper autojumble, although not much "foreign" stuff about.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 219220221222223 436>
  Share Topic