guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Social section > The Bar.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do with yer bike today.......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 188189190191192 436>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 19:46
Yes it's that bluddy Ural again Big smile - but this was quite a red letter day today -  the culmination of weeks of planning and "modifications" and not a little expense.

Still have a slight electrical issue however...

"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 21:55
Electrical problem? That'll be that canbus system.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
v7john View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote v7john Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 22:55
On Sunday I rode the V7Sport all of 10 miles to the local MGCGB meet at the "Internal Fire - Museum of Power". This is mainly ( but not solely) a diesel engine museum. I've always liked this place. Despite the short distance the bike is now absolutely filthy.

It also appears I've become a volunteer at the museum.
1972 V7Sport "The Racing Rhino".
1972 V7 700cc "The Fire Bike".
1954? Superalce
1954 BSA M33 (to be sold)

Read my blog https://racingrhino.wordpress.com/
iansoady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iansoady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 11:59
Got it MoT'd. It took longer for the computer to respond than to do the test.

Oh, and it passed with flying colours.....
Ian
1952 Norton ES2
1986 Honda XBR500
1958-ish Greeves/Triumph in progress
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 15:34
Originally posted by v7john v7john wrote:

By accident? LOL

Hand on shoulder on the way out, "oh and by the way ..." LOL

v7john View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote v7john Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 19:21
Originally posted by Mike H Mike H wrote:

By accident? LOL

Hand on shoulder on the way out, "oh and by the way ..." LOL

At some point in a conversation with the owner my enthusiasm for all things mechanical and the fact that I am retired was exposed. I confirmed that I possess my own overalls, safety boots and live locally. Whereupon it was suggested that I present myself at the museum on Wednesday morning. I believe I will be what is known as an "oily rag".

My mate Bunny had already left by then but I've volunteered him as well
1954? Superalce

motopete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motopete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 19:45

On Sunday I rode the V7Sport all of 10 miles to the local MGCGB meet at the "Internal Fire - Museum of Power". This is mainly ( but not solely) a diesel engine museum. I've always liked this place. Despite the short distance the bike is now absolutely filthy.

Not today, but last Saturday, I spent ALL DAY cleaning the V7 after a ride with the Warks/Leicester crowd. It looked like I'd been off road!

BTW that Diesel museum looks interesting John, do they run any of the engines?
v7john View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote v7john Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 20:08
Originally posted by motopete motopete wrote:

BTW that Diesel museum looks interesting John, do they run any of the engines?

There are always engines working when the museum is open. 80 of the 180 or so there will run and different ones are started up during the day. They also now have a steam hall but nothing is running in there yet.

I think they have had to stop running the Bristol Proteus gas turbine powered generating set. I saw (and heard) it running last year.
1954? Superalce

iansoady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iansoady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 10:24
Was that the museum that featured in a TV programme presented by the vet? Looked interesting.
Ian
1952 Norton ES2
1986 Honda XBR500
1958-ish Greeves/Triumph in progress
kateguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 18:03
We just off to Guzzi club 3rd wednesday meet at the Hollybush....Longsdon....
Moto Guzzi Club GB.....
850 LE MANS...1 & 2....V7 Loop Frame..V7 Sport replica...Guzzi Daytona...Ducati 900ss Bevel not belt.....Laverda 3C ....and an MZ...
rapheal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rapheal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 21:31
I like the colour
it looks very smart
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 21:49

At some point in a conversation with the owner my enthusiasm for all things mechanical and the fact that I am retired was exposed. I confirmed that I possess my own overalls, safety boots and live locally. Whereupon it was suggested that I present myself at the museum on Wednesday morning. I believe I will be what is known as an "oily rag".

In other words, you opened your gob LOL

Well I have no sympathy

LOL

motopete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motopete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 17:51
Had a ride down to the bus running day at the Great Central Loughborough. It was full of "bus/train enthusiasts" but nevertheless was a grand day out.
I just love the sound of those big low revving Diesels and whining gears Geek, reminds me of my Guzzi! It also reminded me how slow traffic used to be and what a hard physical job it was driving those old busses.

All the bus rides are free Thumbs Up.  Had a trip on an immaculate 1960's AEC and back on a 1936 Leyland.
Then rode home in the rain... Where did that summer weather go??
cugsy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cugsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 18:38
Took the tractor to Stu and Dodge in Dereham for a new clutch. It slips a tad. Better now than in froggy land
Due to italian electrickery I am saying nowt. Despite nearly giving the Vstrom away the honda has gone...
GuzziHero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GuzziHero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 18:13
Fitted the new Griso bearings to the yoke, the yoke to the bike, and the forks to the whole assembly.

At least its progress.  Hunting for an hour for the bloody stem nut tool was not quick progress, I'll admit...!
A tappy Guzzi is a happy Guzzi!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 188189190191192 436>
  Share Topic