guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Social section > The Bar.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do with yer bike today.......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 182183184185186 436>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry atric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 16:12
Originally posted by iansoady iansoady wrote:

Chater Lea (no "R"........)

I think the problem with it was lubrication. It's amazing how the poppet valve has survived against the sleeve valve, rotary disc and others which all must have seemed like the answer to everyone's prayers when they came out.

Its cheap.
johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 18:31
DaveP it does however hilight abit of metal work needs a touch of paint   
1100 sport corsa , Yam R1, guzzi 650tt rider
Dave P. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 18:53
That's not rust johnno, it's mud.
TO LIVE OUTSIDE THE LAW YOU MUST BE HONEST.

1971 V7 Special. 1972 850GT.
1970 T120 Bonnie. 2009 500 Bullet.
johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 19:18
Originally posted by Dave P. Dave P. wrote:

That's not rust johnno, it's mud.
I do apologise and should have known better , must put me glasses on
1100 sport corsa , Yam R1, guzzi 650tt rider
Glawster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glawster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 19:49
That looks very smart Dave.  The silencers look more attractive than Keihans, which is what I generally buy.
1970 Guzzi V7 Ambassador
1955 Guzzi Falcone Sport
2021 BMW R1250R
1998 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Dave P. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 21:16
https://www.feked.com/moto-guzzi-v7-silencers-w-o-bal.html

These are they Derek. I don't know who makes them or why Feked don't have the pipes as well but I'm very happy with the silencers. My V7 Special had these fitted when I bought it.

Edited by Dave P. - 11 Mar 2018 at 21:23
TO LIVE OUTSIDE THE LAW YOU MUST BE HONEST.

1971 V7 Special. 1972 850GT.
1970 T120 Bonnie. 2009 500 Bullet.
saultrader View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saultrader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 09:10
I bought a pair of Feked silencers to replace the originals on my 850GT, I also binned the cross-over pipe. The Feked cans are really well made but the main difference from Keihan silencers is that they are heavier which gives them a deeper growl.
iceni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 07:44
Bit the bullet and disconnected and removed the headlight etc., from the 750T (it's still in my garage) in preparation to fit the Sprint double headlight fairing I bought from Gutsibits. Needless to say, I was in a bit of a quandary as to how it fitted, so I contacted Sprint via email and received an almost instant response, so, a BIG thank you to Sprint for VERY impressive service
GuzziHero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GuzziHero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 08:39
My Sport should finally be finished with it's tuning tomorrow. It's been a bit of an epic, basically new atomisers and all new jets.

And I found out the factory should be ready to ship my Griso front fender... in mid April. It's only been on order since October!
A tappy Guzzi is a happy Guzzi!
MelJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 10:44
Failed to start it. 

Ordered a new battery.

Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 15:37
Originally posted by iceni iceni wrote:

Bit the bullet and disconnected and removed the headlight etc., from the 750T (it's still in my garage) in preparation to fit the Sprint double headlight fairing I bought from Gutsibits. Needless to say, I was in a bit of a quandary as to how it fitted, so I contacted Sprint via email and received an almost instant response, so, a BIG thank you to Sprint for VERY impressive service

Thumbs Up

Is this the one that is a virtual copy of the Spada one?

"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."
iceni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 17:00
Yes, that’s the one. Obviously it’s used, and has a few small issues, but it’ll do.
I now have all the lights working and just (!) have to solve the irregular indicator flashing.
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 15:14
I had one on my 850 and it worked well. Mounting of top section a bit iffy tho, having just two rods attached to top yoke pinch bolts. Tho didn't move to be fair, but the big grommets for them in the fairing perished, but found replacements and better screws. Helps to have big penny washers top and bottom of the grommets, to stop the support rods pushing through.

Bottom edge is attached to bottom yoke via a small angle bracket with captive (welded) nut, however the stock Allen screw eventually unscrewed and fell out and was lost, plus the rubber buffer bit, replaced with hex bolt and spring lock washer.

HTH

c13pep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c13pep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 10:54
Snowed in with freezing temperatures so garage is off limits again (snow has blown under door!!)
Central heating is churning away as is my electric meter, with Air Source Heat Pump sounding like a Lancaster Bomber in these freezing temperatures.
Electric is due to go off for 6 hours on Tuesday for distribution maintenance (at least I`ll save money)
OH JOY the weeks got off to a great start, but at least April is not far off and the bikes will be taxed again ready for the off.
CHRIS   
you can`t have any fun in a straight line

Monza
Honda CB77 project

Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 14:34
I'm with you on the CH, where's bluddy Spring! Shocked

Weather's taking the p!ss... really getting bored with it now...

-

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 182183184185186 436>
  Share Topic