guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Social section > The Bar.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do with yer bike today.......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 172173174175176 436>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 13:10
Those round twits always are never to be seen when you need them.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
c13pep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c13pep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 19:31
My man flu has finally gone so both V50`s out of the garage for first time since I can`t remember and low and behold the stock one fired first time settling into its rhythm quickly whilst the sport/café racer one belched and farted into life when it finally felt like it! The latter soon settled but then I noticed a pool of petrol under it, so much for my carb overhaul. Only the carb body and slide are original so it looks like more workshop time is needed (welcome 2018)
Nevertheless the sound of both bikes burbling away was music to my ears so roll on the better weather without the salt
CHRIS
you can`t have any fun in a straight line

Monza
Honda CB77 project

cyclobutch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyclobutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 14:23
Give the float bowls a sharp tap. Might just be a sticky float.
Butch
V50 II - 'The Black Pearl'
T3 - 'Blue'
Eldo Loop - 'Jug'
ranton_rambler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranton_rambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 15:10
Or a speck of dirt. My usual first attempt is to drain and let it refill the offending carb. The incoming rush of fuel may dislodge debris.
c13pep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c13pep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 15:00
Fired up the bikes again today with no problems so maybe just a temporary glitch with the carbs, however upon riding up and down the drive it is now apparent that my back has not made its usual winter recovery. It`s now possible that in my seventy second year a few changes may have to be made as my right hip seems to be coming out in sympathy with my back. The V50 with clip ons and rearsets will have to go and further experimentation with the standard bikes riding position will have to be done, however for everyday riding I will be going back to a BMW R1150R because of the comfort it offers. I think it will be a case of Sunday short journey ride for the Guzzi once sorted (the firm ride doesn`t help)
CHRIS    
you can`t have any fun in a straight line

Monza
Honda CB77 project

johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 17:44
Changed all fluids on me 1100 sport and as I get older I curse that oil filter in the sump , valves tomorrow
1100 sport corsa , Yam R1, guzzi 650tt rider
Fluff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fluff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 23:09
Johnno,

As I get older, scrabbling about on the floor servicing the bikes is becoming less and less appealing! When we finally move to what will be our last home - we are renting a farm at the mo where none of the barn floors are anything like level - and I've built a proper workshop - I shall have a long promised lift which will make life sooo much easier. You may already have one. However, at least removing the sump means an inspection of its guts is enabled and the pan gets a decent clean!

One of my favourite Guzzi jobs is sitting on a stool tapping the rear wheel round with one foot to find TDC with a long rod down the plug 'ole and adjusting the tappets! Just the easiest self indulgent job for a Sunday... Enjoy...

Fluff
'95 1100 Sport on carbs (from new)
'08 GSA (from new)
'57 plate XR650R (from Wales)
'06 K1200S (from Dubai - oooh!)
johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 10:29
My stool when doing tappets is the perfect height to get the warm air of the heater , love it . I use a straw down the barrel but I also find adjusting tappets a relaxing job . The weather is bad to day so thinking of green lanes on the 650 instead of tappet adjustment today
magwa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 10:32
Originally posted by johnno johnno wrote:

My stool when doing tappets is the perfect height to get the warm air of the heater , love it . I use a straw down the barrel but I also find adjusting tappets a relaxing job . The weather is bad to day so thinking of green lanes on the 650 instead of tappet adjustment today

Perhaps a visit to the Doctor might sort your " stool"
Magwa
2002 Triumph Sprint ST

1986 Morgan 4/4
1968 mobylette
Fluff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fluff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 12:49
Groan
'95 1100 Sport on carbs (from new)
'08 GSA (from new)
'57 plate XR650R (from Wales)
'06 K1200S (from Dubai - oooh!)
johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 10:06
All 5 of me bikes had full service only the Gsxr went to a dealer for the valves to be done so costs kept to a minimum . So I'm hoping i can just ride for a good few months b4 it starts all over again . The service work took up only a few weekends .If nothing goes wrong with any of them I might get time to sort me T5
cugsy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cugsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 17:06
I decided to rebuild the spare forks for the cali (£150 from gutsibits and in bloody good condition too). The bottom bolt was a doddle but I had to fork out for a 36mm socket for the top bolt. Everything was easy peasy except getting the old seals out which might have been in there a few years.  But, using the clarkson hammer approach got 'em out!  Gaiters too..ooh! I'll fit them when I get a chance and see about rechroming the others.  NOT the gaiters before anyone jumps in..

Can't wait to see what difference there is
Due to italian electrickery I am saying nowt. Despite nearly giving the Vstrom away the honda has gone...
iceni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 18:19
Took the recently acquired Spada out today, the intention being to get a feel for it on a longer run. Unfortunately it didn’t go as planned due to my friend picking up a puncture, resulting in a long wait for the recovery vehicle, which sorted it in ten minutes. I was well impressed by the plug repair so I’ve put a kit on my list of things to carry. It’ll go in the cardboard spray booth which I carry on top of the ironing board when I venture out.
Riding the Spada threw up the expected ( for me) problem, namely the physical size of the Bike re riding position, not helped by the current position of the gear lever which is easily rectified. This bike is a 1979, one previous owner, standard Spada and it’s a design which brings a grin even when it’s standing still. The engine pulls like a train and sounds great. All in all, a terrific bike, and I’ve resolved not to F with it, even though it could do with a bit of TLC here and there. I’ll need to get a longer run in to see how I can get round the riding position but I won’t be making changes. So far, I’m a happy bunny
V7Chris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote V7Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 18:25
Originally posted by iceni iceni wrote:

Took the recently acquired Spada out today,

Any pictures?
iceni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 18:30
I’ll sort a few out shortly
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 172173174175176 436>
  Share Topic