guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Social section > The Bar.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do with yer bike today.......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 170171172173174 436>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red leader one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 16:37
The dogs staying put then.
cugsy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cugsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 17:12
Todays plan was to take the California out regardless. But the sound of torrential rain made me roll over and snooze. Eventually I got up and after brekky and fixing an indicator on the jeep I rolled the big bugger out of the garage. The idea was to gently ride up and down the A11 because of the new brakes and tires...and the slippery, sh*tty roads. So, I fired her up and paddled up to the road trying to remember how to use the foot controls and not focus on using the front brake so much - bit contrary to everything you learn. Made a complete tit of myself pulling out when I tried to downshift from first to secondConfused but after a mile or two and a trip to the petrol station I was getting there.  I got a bit lost at Elveden and ended up in Bury but after 45 miles with the crazy foot pedals I was loving it. It just seemed to click and everything was good.  Now I've done what I need to do I can do what I want with her - cosmetic time.  The taxi driver type beaded seat thing works too!  
Due to italian electrickery I am saying nowt. Despite nearly giving the Vstrom away the honda has gone...
Jerry atric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry atric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 20:34
I got nicked for speeding on a 400 Four at Elveden in 1979
cugsy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cugsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 21:17
I remember it being a PITA driving home from cambridge before the A11 got civilised. Lots of people slamming on at the camera and lots of broken tail lights. Elveden is a ghost town now.  Quite a nice road when its quiet. 
Due to italian electrickery I am saying nowt. Despite nearly giving the Vstrom away the honda has gone...
c13pep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c13pep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 12:11
Today looked at bikes with not bad weather and thought maybe I`d go out for a ride but then remembered two bits of recent threads ie. red wine cheese and `blathered` combined with new years eve and erred on the side of caution. After last night it might be another 48 hours before my blood/alchahol level is restored to normality, but hey it was a great night, the bits I can remember
HAPPY NEW YEAR one and all
CHRIS       
you can`t have any fun in a straight line

Monza
Honda CB77 project

theone&onlymin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theone&onlymin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 12:32
Early blast out of North London to pick up my recovered seat from Lou. He did a lovely job on my T3 Cali seat so he did.

Dry roads, no traffic and I may or may not have exceeded the speed limit.

Cheers
Min
Barry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 12:43
Nice. I had one done in 'all black' recently, too. As it's not destined for a T3, I feel no guilt.  (o;

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theone&onlymin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 17:32
Nor mine so it's not.
We have the adult version obviously.

Cheers
Min
Jerry atric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry atric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 11:43
You haven’t got the right amount of rivets on it anyway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theone&onlymin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 20:31
Out to my bike this morning 7a.m.to see it standing in a large pool of petrol after my right hose had decided to give up over night. No I don't turn my fuel off.
Washed it off with hot water and just used the left tap to try and decrease the leak for my commute.
Went to it after work to shorten it. EZPZ I thought.
It was but my rear tyre was flat so came home by SOS bike delivery service.
Ah well, V7 starts to earn it's keep tomorrow 7a.m.

Cheers
Min
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 13:14
This was the T3?

"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 13:22
I remember having to replace at least one fuel hose every couple of years or so. Leaving the taps on encourages wastage by evaporation out of the carbs, also leaks & fire hazards, as above. Leaving them off, especially for a long period, means they can dry out & go hard, then leak because they've lost their elasticity & grip on the metal spigot. And tightening a hose clamp won't fix it. Ouch My R80, using BMW's own cloth covered hose, was very prone to the latter.

cugsy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cugsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 13:42
I rode the honda in to work (despite wifey telling me to take the car...ha) and puked up. Not 'cos of the honda but the lurgy that won't go. Got a lift home and have to worry nobody scratches the bike as its parked inside and they're a clumsy lot.  Happy new year....so no fishing either Cry
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 13:51
Oh crap. Ouch

Glawster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glawster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 16:34
The roads finally dried out so I managed a quick spin on the rebuilt V7 Sport.  All well apart from the lighting circuit fuse blowing so that gives me something to have a look at.

DSC_0020 by Derek Wardell, on Flickr
1970 Guzzi V7 Ambassador
1955 Guzzi Falcone Sport
2021 BMW R1250R
1998 Cagiva Gran Canyon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 170171172173174 436>
  Share Topic