guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Social section > The Bar.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do with yer bike today.......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 436>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argyll Goose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 21:07
Both sound good to me. Former hooli-ing around peak district (Kateguy), I need to do sometime, having only enjoyed this part of the world from behind glass. Weather has been so crap here lately I can only lovingly look at my bike in the garage and hope.
kateguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 15:28
Come to the Scottish rally in May.....they dont alf make us southern softies welcome.....
Nice one johnno btw.........x
Moto Guzzi Club GB.....
850 LE MANS...1 & 2....V7 Loop Frame..V7 Sport replica...Guzzi Daytona...Ducati 900ss Bevel not belt.....Laverda 3C ....and an MZ...
johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 17:19
replaced clutch cable on 650 and tomorrow off to NEC on GSXR with the free ticket I got for owning a GSXRThumbs Up
1100 sport corsa , Yam R1, guzzi 650tt rider
Argyll Goose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argyll Goose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 17:41
Hardly a southerner if Derbyshire is your backyard?
Tarquin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 17:55
Originally posted by kateguy kateguy wrote:

Come to the Scottish rally in May.....they dont alf make us southern softies welcome.....

Always a brilliant event.

Do we need to be members of MGOCGB Kate or can anyone turn up ( provided a ticket has been purchased ) ?
California 111,California 1100i,Suzuki FZ50, Yamaha YB100, NSU Quickly,

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”
kateguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 18:08
Actually...I dont think you do hon....but I will check.....
Argyll....we are in Stoke so not southern in the strictest sense...tho deffo south of you....mores the pity...I worked a coupka seasons on Great Cumbrae....left me loving Scotland and its people....
Moto Guzzi Club GB.....
850 LE MANS...1 & 2....V7 Loop Frame..V7 Sport replica...Guzzi Daytona...Ducati 900ss Bevel not belt.....Laverda 3C ....and an MZ...
BondEquipe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BondEquipe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 19:35
Today?  Well, went to move Guzzi round the garage. Brakes stuck on the rusty disc, like they do. Lifted the wheel to break the grip and partially succeeded . . . attached to the disc was the material from the brake pad! Not had that happen before!

Apparently it's not uncommon with old Brembo pads though according to a couple of mates.

Stephen
Black & Gold LM2
+ Other Bikes & Projects!
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 15:40
Never had them stuck on, and mine were always outside! So much for having a garage then Big smile

"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 15:43
Started mine to make sure it still works, and currently has battery charger on. Maybe another hour to go.  Earlier in the month it had acquired two new Michelin City Grip Winter treads, but not properly 'christened' yet.

"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."
iceni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 16:56
Diagnosed reason for lack of oil warning light on the rice eater and ordered oil pressure switch. I recently had a pair of stick on composite 750T side panel badges made - numerals and letter in metallic gold on a black background. They look good but I'm not going to rely on the adhesive to keep them in place - I've sorted out four very small black screws which would look ok, but would prefer c/sunk ones so holding off fitting them for now.
Also thinking about improvements to the 750 to do during the winter, especially in regard to the electrics. (eeeek) Not got braking problems, but am considering new brake lines, and a seat re- cover. Might also have a look at the forks.
Jim Mac View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 18:59
absolutely nothing, weather has been pretty atrocious 
V85 TT Trzvel    BMW R45
Too old to die young
oldlegs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldlegs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 20:09
Originally posted by kateguy kateguy wrote:

Hi, can you tell me the date and location of the Scottish rally please, I'll be up at Fort William for the SSDT from the 1st Monday in May. Thanks Steve.
Argyll Goose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argyll Goose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 20:44
Hi Kate,
If you fancy a good trip in Scotland, have a look at www.meetup.com/lochlomondbikers "Scotland is beautiful in autumn" run!! I didn't manage to participate this year, but wish I had! Without doubt, this will be repeated next year.

kateguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 08:21
Not sure of the date yet....usually early May Bank Holiday....and no...you do not have to be a member....
Moto Guzzi Club GB.....
iceni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2015 at 20:24
Out in light rain yesterday on the 750T. When I got home, the back of my jacket was covered in mud, which obviously was due to spray off the back wheel. The bike has what I think is the standard rear mudguard with a full size number plate so I would have thought the spray would have been contained. Looks like I'll be fitting a mudflap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 436>
  Share Topic