guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Social section > The Bar.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do with yer bike today.......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 436>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 22:06
Not guilty...!...LOL
Moto Guzzi Club GB.....
850 LE MANS...1 & 2....V7 Loop Frame..V7 Sport replica...Guzzi Daytona...Ducati 900ss Bevel not belt.....Laverda 3C ....and an MZ...
BobV7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobV7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 22:53
First real ride for no reason this year...sausage and chips lunch at Jack's with the old fogies. Rather enthusiastic ride back..ahem...I'd forgotten how much fun the bike is and there are some quite interesting roads around here!Big smile
V7 Classic Black and gold was the best. But green & black was nice too. Now blue is in!
English View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote English Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 23:21
Today ? Struck camp and drove the 230 miles home sidecar rally in Watchet to Sussex.
We're on the anthracite Centauro outfit , anyone see us ? Always on the lookout for guzzi's but didn't spot any . We're the ones with a couple of yellow and black ortleib bags strapped on ..... gotta do something about that seat !
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 15:45
Originally posted by kateguy kateguy wrote:

Not guilty...!...LOL

I knew that ... Big smile

"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."
Wits View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 13:20
Yesterday Brugge to Shropshire....
Today back to work .........
BMW 1200RTLC carbon BLack SOLD….
Breva 1100 2005 in Black SOLD.....
St George's Telford Shropshire.
daveymac55 View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveymac55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 13:46
today I rode the A9 and A99 to Wick Caithness to get the front brake sorted on my Cali, beautiful sunny day for a ride, waste of time regarding the brake issue as the wrong pads had been sent grrrr so back next week fingers crossed, had a ride from Wick to Helmsdale in Sutherland, still lots of camper vans seemingly stuck in 1st gear, pain in the ass.
Jim Mac View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 14:41
booked a tyre change for the Norge, reckon that 11,126 miles out of the rear is doing well and need to change before the rainy season.  Just need to take it off tonight and get it to the workshop tomorrow.  when i did the front one in June i ended up spending £120 in the bloody shop, so going tomorrow with just enough to pay for the tyre and no credit card.
V85 TT Trzvel    BMW R45
Too old to die young
Zecis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zecis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 16:30
dashed out for a blast before the rain comes... a mistake, I left it too late and every road was choked with Friday afternoon traffic.
Lets hope it stays dry (as currently forecasted) for the Squadra run to Lymington on Sunday...9:00am meet at Sammy Millers. Tomorrow looks to be a write off, unless you like testing waterproofs

Regards Adam
Located near Stonehenge
...A 1200sport (2 valve with stage 1), Daytona RS, and a Centauro GT (the last one is for sale if you are interested)
Barry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 16:48
Nipped out to M&S for a bagful of luxury non-essentials, liquid and other.
Andy M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Andy M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 19:09
The hunters chicken and pinot fills a hole quite well.

Andy
italianmotor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote italianmotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2015 at 18:44
The rain subsided, the sun came out, so I managed a rare opportunity to drag the S3 out and get over to the Oxford Norton Owners Club Café Racer day - always a good range of machines there. It was a pleasure to finally meet Barry of this here forum and he even bought me a shandy for which I thank him. Also nice to see my old mucker John of Motonero of Bristol there on one of his tasty specials with mate Martin on a tasty 1976 BMW R100 special. Not many Guzzis there apart from Bazzer's well-used Spada, my well-used S3 and John's 950 Special, a Monza and a Breva - but - (and Barry might disagree) most interesting bike of the day was probably this Norton Rotary 588cc café racer, followed by a 1956 Norton Dommie with Commando engine special. Wonderful!

Edited by italianmotor - 12 Sep 2015 at 19:12
Guzzi lover doing my own thing: http://www.italianmotormagazine.com
kateguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2015 at 19:40
I got the frankies off Stumpy and cut one into 3 pieces to discover the baffle broken away....Guy tig'ed it back...made a new internal plate...then tigged the frankie back together....cleaned up the welds....I sprayed them with Wilkos barbie n stove paint. Popped them back on and voila......

Moto Guzzi Club GB.....
850 LE MANS...1 & 2....V7 Loop Frame..V7 Sport replica...Guzzi Daytona...Ducati 900ss Bevel not belt.....Laverda 3C ....and an MZ...
Barry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2015 at 19:53
I don't disagree at all. That Norton Rotary was pretty special. Clearly lots of time and effort spent on it, and - I'm guessing - more than little cash, too. Bet there's a heck of back story there.

For my money, the Triton triple takes some beating. Looking forward to hearing that in action at Kop Hill, if I remember to make it. The photo of it here is from Cassington, earlier in the year.

Always nice to see a Montjuic. I didn't think there were any left in the wild.

There's was lovely patina'd BSA that made me smile. And a couple of (much cleaner than mine) Guzzis. Couple of Morini 3 and a Halfs - unusual to see more than one in one place, at the same time.  Also a Breva, I think? And a well used 500 Monza.

Happy that I made the effort, especially as @Italianmotor and John Motonero turned up.

Edited by Barry - 12 Sep 2015 at 20:24
Jak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2015 at 22:40
Hi, I rode my new Cali III back from it's previous home in Pershore to it's new home in the Derbyshire Dale.  Cracking run and great to be back on a solo Cali again. 1989 and its only done 7,000 miles, I'm tempted to put it in one of those vac bags and bring it out in ten years when it has become a 'classic', but I think I'll just ride it instead.  Trouble is now I might have to sell my NTX to make some space in the garage and put some money back in the bank.
Everyday is a good day to ride a bike, but some days are better than others.
johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2015 at 08:35
page 5 is just full of great looking bikes everyone of them aceThumbs Up
I wanted to go to Norton day as I had a leaflet left on my sport asking me to go but the exhaust started blowing and spent the day doing repair work should of jumped on corsa sport and gone .
1100 sport corsa , Yam R1, guzzi 650tt rider
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 436>
  Share Topic