guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Social section > The Bar.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do with yer bike today.......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 313314315316317 436>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 14:14
After checking the weather forecast, I duly panicked, stuffed corks in the silencers, and whispered, ¨Brace yourself ! ¨
Torrential rain is usually accompanied by fierce winds.
Anything outside I want to keep has to be tied to something immoveable.
When the puddles dry, they leave behind a trace of African sand. 
This is the season of the mucky stuff.
After two years under a lean--to in darkest Yorkshire, and three years on a sun--baked and storm --swept patio, the bike still looks pristine. 
Its owner ... not so much.

red leader one View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red leader one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 22:45
On the news it looked to be really dangerous around Majorca.
Ben. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 10:26
Yes, it´s very rough around the coast, up here the main danger is from mudslides, caused by the torrential rain.
The solar batteries are down to 69% and we won´t be seeing the sun today, so I´ll be starting the generator in a minute.
My mate in Oz hasn't seen the sky for weeks --- which puts things in perspective somewhat.
cugsy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cugsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 18:50
Tried to get the gear lever on the v strom longer by adjusting it. I thought i was quids in until i set off and realised i fitted the thing upside down.  Ijit
Due to italian electrickery I am saying nowt. Despite nearly giving the Vstrom away the honda has gone...
theone&onlymin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theone&onlymin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 19:07
Originally posted by Ben. Ben. wrote:

Yes, it´s very rough around the coast,

A wee bit rough for sure...
Cheers
Min
Ben. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 21:54
Meanwhile, down at the Seaside Boating Pool ....
¨Number 61 come in please, your time is up.¨
...hang on, we´ve only got 20 boats.
¨Number 19, are you alright...?¨
DougD1966 View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougD1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 03:28
No riding today...but the builder broke ground on new stable for my Italian stallion. About 6-weeks from some riding weather in KY.
Doug
cugsy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cugsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 08:08
KY...any jokes about riding in chaps.   Coat duly fetched
Due to italian electrickery I am saying nowt. Despite nearly giving the Vstrom away the honda has gone...
red leader one View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red leader one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 15:46
KY jelly?
cugsy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cugsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 16:22
Ky custards sound wrong
Jerry atric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry atric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 19:11
Hurrah! Finally got the Cali all back together after changing clutch pushrod seals and rear tyre. Very timely actually, because I discovered the rear light loom almost worn through by the tyre. It had dropped slightly from under the mudguard. I'm all ready for Shepton Mallet now and the Superalce is back on the bench.
Doc. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 17:17
Rode up to Philpot's in Dunstable to collect my good-as-new (possibly better) reconditioned Stelvio Stanchions.
Took the quick-but-boring M25~M1 route up, then took the longer but much more enjoyable scenic route back, Whipsnade~Hemel Hempstead~Chesham~Amersham~Beaconsfield.
Nice day for a blast, 4°C, but dry and sunny.

Loving my Keis heated inner Gloves . . . Thumbs Up
Doc out!

Stelvio/V85 Owners Group on FB
https://www.facebook.com/groups/888995181188209/?fref=nf
Barry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 18:18
Originally posted by Doc. Doc. wrote:

Loving my Keis heated inner Gloves

+1 on that today. I did find myself wondering about heated socks, I admit, but there are limits!

cugsy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cugsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 19:50
I tried ringing Keis about a heated willy warmer......
c13pep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c13pep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 19:57
Originally posted by cugsy cugsy wrote:

I tried ringing Keis about a heated willy warmer......

To which they replied??

CHRIS
you can`t have any fun in a straight line

Monza
Honda CB77 project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 313314315316317 436>
  Share Topic