guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Social section > The Bar.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do with yer bike today.......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 290291292293294 436>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 14:04
Originally posted by cugsy cugsy wrote:

Who was the numpty who put the gearbox drain plug behind the sodding collector box....eh...eh? 

You can reach it if you have the right H pipe installed. At least, that was my experience on a T3 Cali.

But you're not talking about a T3 are you?  As you were.
Ben. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 14:10
It's a chicken and egg situation mate, maybe some numpty put the collector box in front of the gearbox drain plug.
On your behalf, I've decided to sort the age old "which came first" philosophical argument.
I've been onto Amazon, and ordered a chicken and an egg.
I'll let you know ...
red leader one View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red leader one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 16:44
LOL
cugsy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cugsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 18:08
Doncha got nuffin better to do on a sat'dee?  I forgot that I'd put exhaust paste on the joints too - what a work out.  Bike lift ordered. Too feckin roit!

God I'm tired.....Ouch
Due to italian electrickery I am saying nowt. Despite nearly giving the Vstrom away the honda has gone...
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 18:17
Originally posted by Barry Barry wrote:

Who was the numpty who put the gearbox drain plug behind the sodding collector box....eh...eh? 

You can reach it if you have the right H pipe installed. At least, that was my experience on a T3 Cali.

But you're not talking about a T3 are you?  As you were.

Yes not too bad where it's just a pipe, I found a socket extension would go past it, but with the modern ones I don't know, obviously a PITA.

"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."
Jerry atric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry atric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 19:59

Doncha got nuffin better to do on a sat'dee?  I forgot that I'd put exhaust paste on the joints too - what a work out.  Bike lift ordered. Too feckin roit!

God I'm tired.....Ouch

Bike lifts are the best invention ever.
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 21:50

Be fair, it's Italian. Form over function every time.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
George S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 21:06
Have now rode restored Zigolo over sixty local miles, all within pushing home distance. No problems yet.Hug
Time for a longer ride I think

George

1994 Nevada
1962 Lightweight ducati Bevel Single
Son's 1990 1000S to borrow any time
V7Chris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote V7Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 08:35
Looks grandClap
cugsy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cugsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 18:01
I took the 750 superdream to Banks in Bury for its 2 year check up/service - expensive oil change (keep the warranty happy) and was told my rear tire was a little squared off.  I took that as advice to remove said squaring by twatting it all the way back home and reliving my teens on every roundabout I could lean into.   They also video the tech walking around the bike pointing at things (I already knew) - shame they don't video the oil change. For £125 I want a DVD in HD....LOL
Due to italian electrickery I am saying nowt. Despite nearly giving the Vstrom away the honda has gone...
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 10:01
Quote They also video the tech walking around the bike pointing at things

Really? Shocked

"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."
nab301 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nab301 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 10:45
Originally posted by Mike H Mike H wrote:

Quote They also video the tech walking around the bike pointing at things

Really? Shocked

New car owners in my part of the world  get similar treatment  at service time..
Nigel
Keep smiling , it makes people wonder what you've been up to!
'19 CB125F,

'18 DL250 SUZUKI V STROM,'99 Bmw R1100S, '03Bullet 65 500, '93 MZ301 Saxon fun (offroad)
red leader one View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red leader one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 17:12
They did the same on my car didn't show the scored discs it went in for at 1200 miles.
theone&onlymin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theone&onlymin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 18:28
Sorted the Stelvio's issue on the front step so I did.

Cheers
Min
Ben. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 18:50
A small shower of rain overnight, first for 6 or 8 weeks, so I took the cloth dust cover off the bike to allow everything to dry.
The track is becoming perilous with purple figs and I'm recovering from birthday celebrations.
Maybe tomorrow ...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 290291292293294 436>
  Share Topic