guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Loop Frames
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Centre Stand on Loop Frame Ambassador?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 14:46
Yessssss!!!! Done it Clap !!!! Strange though, I stood on the right hand side of the bike, got my foot onto the centre stand and after about three "heaves" it was there...woo hoo!! Sounds like I may struggle getting it off now
Loopian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loopian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 17:00
Funnily enough I find my Eldorado easier to put the centre stand then my V7, I have no idea why!
saultrader View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saultrader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 17:50
Do modern tyres perhaps have a lower profile than back in the 60's/70's
v7john View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote v7john Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 17:55
Originally posted by BondEquipe BondEquipe wrote:

In the garage the other clever wrinkle is to run the back wheel up onto a piece of wood or such (ideally with a chamfer to go up). Stand then starts off further down making it easier to lift. Then remove wood.

Yes this. In the garage I use a bit of 18mm ply when I remember. A few goes with the wheel on a board to learn the technique and you'll soon be able to manage without.

I also have difficulty getting it off the stand sometimes. I have a  plastic garage floor and it can skid about. Same board placed in front of the stand stops this. I've read somewhere that the cause is the pivot holes wearing oval but I don't have any difficulty on concrete/tarmac.
1972 V7Sport "The Racing Rhino".
1972 V7 700cc "The Fire Bike".
1954? Superalce
1954 BSA M33 (to be sold)

Read my blog https://racingrhino.wordpress.com/
v7john View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote v7john Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 17:58
Originally posted by saultrader saultrader wrote:

Do modern tyres perhaps have a lower profile than back in the 60's/70's

I'm still using the original 4.00 in tyre size. a metric 110/90 is the same rolling diameter.
1972 V7Sport "The Racing Rhino".
1972 V7 700cc "The Fire Bike".
1954? Superalce
1954 BSA M33 (to be sold)

Read my blog https://racingrhino.wordpress.com/
saultrader View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saultrader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 08:43
sagging springs, after market shocks, advancing years...?
manxie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 08:51
Originally posted by saultrader saultrader wrote:

sagging springs, after market shocks, advancing years...?

Me or the bike LOL
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 09:14
Can't speak for the loop, but I modified my stand on the SPIII to make it sit on the ground properly rather than on "tippy toes" and as a result it was far easier to get on the stand.
More recently I did a similar thing with the Norge, putting larger feet on so it didn't sink into tarmac, and taking about 1/4 inch off the length. That is also far easier to get on the stand now too. I'm not as strong as I used to be.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
Jim Mac View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 10:12
i am 6ft, 15 stone, good state of health but it is still struggle to get the Norge onto centre stand if it has more than half full tank.  the T5 is hard no matter how much fuel and weight.  The Cali was never a problem and the Convert was easy
V85 TT Trzvel    BMW R45
Too old to die young
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic