guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Loop Frames
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Centre Stand on Loop Frame Ambassador?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Centre Stand on Loop Frame Ambassador?
    Posted: 06 Sep 2015 at 22:57
This is probably a silly question but I`ll ask anyway Question
What am I doing wrong??....... I cannot get my bike onto the centre stand!! .....Am I being stupid? .....Is there a knack?...... Or are they simply an utter nightmare to get on the stand?..... I even took the panniers off to able me to get a full lift on the grab handle. Ermm
Thanks.
Dave P. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2015 at 23:08
Push the stand down with the projecting lug.then move foot to the stand foot and lift.
TO LIVE OUTSIDE THE LAW YOU MUST BE HONEST.

1971 V7 Special. 1972 850GT.
1970 T120 Bonnie. 2009 500 Bullet.
kateguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 06:53
I cant either...enlist help !
Moto Guzzi Club GB.....
850 LE MANS...1 & 2....V7 Loop Frame..V7 Sport replica...Guzzi Daytona...Ducati 900ss Bevel not belt.....Laverda 3C ....and an MZ...
italianmotor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote italianmotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 08:22
When I had my loops I found it useful to put the bottom of my boot on the almost end part of the centre stand legs, then pull, just like this gentleman is doing.....

Guzzi lover doing my own thing: http://www.italianmotormagazine.com
BondEquipe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BondEquipe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 08:25
Eat more cakes, my 13 stone mate finds it easier than (11 stone) me!
Stephen
Black & Gold LM2
+ Other Bikes & Projects!
v7john View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote v7john Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 09:30
I couldn't do it to begin with and, even now, the bike needs to be on a level surface. The way I do it.
- standing on the left of the bike.
- get bike upright.
- put centre stand down with right foot.
- move right foot to back of stand.
- ensure that bike is held upright on both feet of the stand (should be able to let go of the bars).
- lift up and back with the lifting handle while at the same time pushing down as hard as you can on the stand with your foot. You're trying to increase the distance between foot and hand.

Probably easier for me than many others as I'm 6'4" and I can get the leverage. Also my bike has a handy lifting handle sticking out of the left hand top shock mount.
1972 V7Sport "The Racing Rhino".
1972 V7 700cc "The Fire Bike".
1954? Superalce
1954 BSA M33 (to be sold)

Read my blog https://racingrhino.wordpress.com/
manxie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 11:53
Thanks for the replies fella`s. Watched the video (looks a doddle), followed all instructions and still can`t do it Ermm I`ll have to think of a plan "B"? It`s as if my exhausts are too low and can`t get my foot in??

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote italianmotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 12:00
Is your centrestand complete? It should have a bit sticking out to bring it down with your foot, you shouldn't really have to be poking your foot too far in. Are the bottom of the feet on teh stand flat and parallel? Not worn, or the stand is bent?
manxie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 12:36
Originally posted by italianmotor italianmotor wrote:

Is your centrestand complete? It should have a bit sticking out to bring it down with your foot, you shouldn't really have to be poking your foot too far in. Are the bottom of the feet on teh stand flat and parallel? Not worn, or the stand is bent?

It appears to be complete? There is a bit sticking out so you can lower it to the floor, the stand itself is curved with flat feet?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote italianmotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 12:46
Don't know then - maybe get down the gym and pump some iron Wink! I have to say, the older I get, the heavier big Guzzis are to heave onto their stand, so don't think you're alone. But there is definitely a knack that once learned makes it all easier..

Edited by italianmotor - 07 Sep 2015 at 12:50
ranton_rambler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranton_rambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 12:58
I'm 10-1/2 stone and 5ft7 and my loop is the easiest centre stand I have ever tried.

Use the projecting lug to put the stand down, but then you need to put your foot on the end of the curvy bit right under the bike (without burning your leg on the exhaust). No strength required at all if you push down on the stand and pull up/back on the bike. I have a Craven rack which gives me a handhold in a good spot.

Ian
manxie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 13:39
Originally posted by italianmotor italianmotor wrote:

Don't know then - maybe get down the gym and pump some iron Wink! I have to say, the older I get, the heavier big Guzzis are to heave onto their stand, so don't think you're alone. But there is definitely a knack that once learned makes it all easier..

I`m a 17st fat Censored so I think it`s just the knack I`m lacking .... got the weight Smile Cheers Thumbs Up
jmee54 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmee54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 13:49
I too find my Eldorado to be the easiest bike to put on the centre stand. So long as you use the very tip of the stand to press down on - much easier than my Convert.
BondEquipe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BondEquipe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 14:10
In the garage the other clever wrinkle is to run the back wheel up onto a piece of wood or such (ideally with a chamfer to go up). Stand then starts off further down making it easier to lift. Then remove wood.
Stephen
Black & Gold LM2
+ Other Bikes & Projects!
Dave P. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 14:25
I never have any trouble getting the V7Special onto its' stand, but getting it off is another matter.The holes in the frame brackets which take the pivot bolts are so worn that the bike sits lop sided on its' stand and the rear wheel touches the floor.Getting the thing off its' stand on a plywood shed floor is very difficult.The bike Just skids along the floor on two wheels and two stand feet.I leave it on its' side stand now as I fear a slipped disc or heart attack getting it off the center stand.I think some welding is required.
TO LIVE OUTSIDE THE LAW YOU MUST BE HONEST.

1971 V7 Special. 1972 850GT.
1970 T120 Bonnie. 2009 500 Bullet.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic