guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Spine Frame
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

V11 Le Mans/sport Popping!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: V11 Le Mans/sport Popping!
    Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 12:30
Has anyone really solved this problem 2500-3000 revs a popping in the collector box, both sides BUT not always I notice cold engine no probs also when the air is cool alot less, I DO have unrestricted "silencers and a Stucchi X over, the plugs look fine it runs and goes like a  quick thing sounds fantastic BUT when running through the Town at 2-3k revs I get a muffled pop in the area of the x over it actually blew the baffles in the oem X over and has once blown a throttle body off... any ideas? I have checked, re checked and sealed the zorst system joints.
The Older i Get, The Better I Was
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 17:27
This on the overrun Ken? If so it sounds just like most of the CARC bikes  which is down to a weak mixture designed to get round emmission rules.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
Ken-Guzzibear View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2014 at 11:54
Actually no not the over run although it will happen IF I go from high revs to low, no it is running on low throttle 2-3000 rpm  it is a dull thudddd in the collector box area and occasionally a bit further back but NOT the LOUD bark of a full on backfire. It does not seem to happen on a cold engine. It is as if there is some sort of hotspot reigniting unburned fuel !!!! if that does not sound too daft. The plugs , replaced last week were spot on colour wise.

I was wondering if it was a leaking inlet rubber but the old trick of spraying some WD over the inlet did not cause tick over to increase, on start up it ticks over fine after a spirited run you can head the very subdued thudd in the collector area now and again you can even tell it does originate from both sides. I figure IF it was carbs it would be the throttle stop screw and idle adjusted but the FI I am no good at all with I printed off the TPS setting guide and ....@*@** duuurrrrr NOW if there is someone local who can show me how to sort it ...:))
garyr View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2014 at 17:33
My V11 was backfiring nearly every time i closed the throttle, and it was a real pig to ride around town. In the end i got a tune up from Mel in glasgow, what a transformation, like owning a new bike. I had checked all the usual things before hand but sometimes you need to get into the electronic/ black magic side of things.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2014 at 19:34
Yeah thats what i figured oh looks like it'll have to go  in .... oh bummer
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2014 at 17:55
All sorted it was an inlet rubber mount with a crack in it could not see it on the bike but took it off and a big crack aroung the back of it ordered 2 new ones from Gutsibits just in case on wed here Thurs all done today ...= One very happy bear
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 19:31
Simple as that ~ pesky rubbers again
"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2014 at 12:19
Yep get a tear in em causes ALL sorts of twubbul ...lol
garyr View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2014 at 12:12
Well that was a easy fix, might get a couple of new rubbers for mine. Was thinking of changing all the lines anyway (fuel/breather) as age will be taking its toll. Bike not me LOL
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2014 at 21:12
wet ethanol safe ones had to replace all the fuel lines on our bikes 
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2014 at 15:57
replaced TDC sensor too it had cracked so oil getting up thro it see post in alt parts or spine frame
johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2014 at 17:20
interesting read after the problems I had with sport and corsa I read all these types of threadsThumbs Up
1100 sport corsa , Yam R1, guzzi 650tt rider
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2014 at 18:58
are they all sorted now Johnno
johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2014 at 13:00
Originally posted by Ken-Guzzibear Ken-Guzzibear wrote:

are they all sorted now Johnno
my 1100 sport is one of my proudest moments ,a lot of folk would have sold it but I sorted everything without spending a lot of money and now she is rolling well good to say im happy is an understatement.
My corsa is all sorted and runs perfect but man what a pig of a bike when I first got it ,myself,muzzi moto and twiggers all had big headaches with it cutting out but now I would go anywhere on her and the bill went to muzzi moto so no problem to me .
THE 650  get treated really bad but never misses a beat she may not look good but that was a star buy .
750 and 850 run perfect but I got a lot of tidying up to do on both and no time to sort .
Im well happy when I open that garage door I could just sit and look at themSmileSmileSmile

1100 sport corsa , Yam R1, guzzi 650tt rider
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2014 at 14:18
It's always good when it works out.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic