guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Out and About > Good Roads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nirvana

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baldeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nirvana
    Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 11:29
Well having got my new to me Breva 750,2004 off the trailer yesterday following a purchase in the Uk,insured it for minimum risk which is all I can do until getting it French registered .
This morning filled her up,27 deg so breathable jacket and flip up helmet on and off we went.I briefly rode a friends Breva here before my shoulder injury and thought mmm nice little bike.
The roads around here are perfect for this machine,hilly,twisty and most of all pretty empty,one of the main reasons for moving to the Charente on retirement.
What a little cracker she is,torquey,responsive low down,predictable just perfect for the riding I want to do now.
Only minor criticism is a bit harsh on the bumps,both ends but will sort that with some questions in tech section,is the Koni rear shock standard etc.
She only has 7k miles on the clock since 2004,reason for previous owner selling but shod with Avons will experiment with pressures as well.
May have to calm the backfires from the reverse cone mega's with the little black box gizmo but overall just loving my first dalliance with an Italian bike,other than. 500 Gilera scooter,I'm in biking heaven.
Blue View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 11:45
Hello and welcome.

I think we both were in Versys land?

Glad all is well and you are enjoying your new ownership?

Ian/Blue.
It's all Spaghetti.
Ado View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 12:06
Sounds great,a strong connection, Francaise,guzzi,and mad englishmen.

Weather sounds nice.

"BEST YEARS OF OUR LIFE"
baldeagle View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baldeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 14:09
Originally posted by Blue Blue wrote:

Hello and welcome.

Ian/Blue.

Hi Ian/blue,
You are dead right we were.Lot of water gone under the bridge since then,lots of hospital stuff and insecurity with the high bars for me on the Versys after surgery and my other half couldn't get her leg over,so to speak,ooh err Mrs.
Yes happy bunny to be on two wheels again,my only drug,when did you defect and what to??
Blue View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 14:32
Originally posted by baldeagle baldeagle wrote:

Originally posted by Blue Blue wrote:

Hello and welcome.

Ian/Blue.

Hi Ian/blue,
You are dead right we were.Lot of water gone under the bridge since then,lots of hospital stuff and insecurity with the high bars for me on the Versys after surgery and my other half couldn't get her leg over,so to speak,ooh err Mrs.
Yes happy bunny to be on two wheels again,my only drug,when did you defect and what to??

I went to look at a Triumph 1050 Sport. It did nothing for me. I spotted a 2011 SE Griso 8V in Tenni Green and then decided I must at least ride it. The rest is history. Smile It makes me smile and the character of it shines through every time i ride. My other half even likes the pillion position as it is a flat saddle and does not leave her up on a perch and exposed as it was on the Versys.

Glad to hear that you are feeling better and back on two wheels. That is such good news after what you have been going through!!! Smile

Best wishes to you both.

Ian/Blue.
It's all Spaghetti.
baldeagle View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baldeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 15:45
Thanks Ian,
This bike is a first toe in the water really,see how it goes.Glad you are happy with your choice.I am really happy to see you with something you enjoy.
I loved my Versys but manouevering after the surgery was difficult and not confidence inspiring,I have a Rewaco trike which Andrea loves more than me and for real fun I have a Chinky Dax with race pipe,it's a 125 but I can pop a wheelie off the throttle,as I say just for fun.
Guzzi's are full of character and may be strong enough to upsize one day but today was a brilliant start,ride safe and great to hear from you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic