guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Modifications and Restorations > Restorations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Time to resuscitate the 1976 T3 California

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote italianmotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Time to resuscitate the 1976 T3 California
    Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 11:42
Well, not a restoration but a recommission. My old T3 California has sat around for a few years, so time to get it up and running again. Here's a brief walkaround. Needs a bit of work!

Edited by italianmotor - 18 Jun 2015 at 11:46
Guzzi lover doing my own thing: http://www.italianmotormagazine.com
Barry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 12:45
Look forward to seeing the updates!
Pigford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pigford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 17:07
Great machine - and glad you're only going to get it running & not ruin the "patina".   Thumbs Up
Old & Bold
Mopar Pete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mopar Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 19:34
Love it. Had one that age (when it was 1 year old) and rode it to death.....very jealous...........
Oldrat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 22:00
Looking forward to hearing all about it Adam.

Glad that you are doing it 'your way'.
1976 "Zagato" Gootsi cafe racer
BMW GSA
johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 16:30
Adam your bikes always stand out for me .  Re commission is the way to goThumbs Up
1100 sport corsa , Yam R1, guzzi 650tt rider
Grahame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grahame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 17:13
Why not try some tasteful customising like the bike below? Wink

http://www.motoguzziclassics.com/Assets/Custom%20Bikes/okie2.jpg
BondEquipe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BondEquipe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 20:09
I think I'm going to be sick!
Stephen
Black & Gold LM2
+ Other Bikes & Projects!
Tarquin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 20:18
Originally posted by Grahame Grahame wrote:

Why not try some tasteful customising like the bike below? Wink

http://www.motoguzziclassics.com/Assets/Custom%20Bikes/okie2.jpg

That works for me Grahame. Easy on the eye and probably very good to ride.   NURSE!  NURSE!!!!!!!
California 111,California 1100i,Suzuki FZ50, Yamaha YB100, NSU Quickly,

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”
Jerry atric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry atric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 22:01
Someone must like it....
italianmotor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote italianmotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2015 at 19:01
No, won't be taking any 'custom' route, the T3 California doesn't require any modifications. I just have to find out what i did with the bits I took off it to get the S3 running properly - one of the downsides of part substitution between Guzzis. It'll end up looking like a used but complete 40 year-old Guzzi.
Jerry atric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry atric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2015 at 19:44
Good man. I think the old Cali is like an old Jaguar. The designers got it spot on for looks and you can make it look different, fair enough, but never better. Just my boring opinion
italianmotor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote italianmotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 18:46
Ok, so I've had a little time to look at the T3 Cali again. What best to do here? Remember, I'm not restoring the bike. I'm ok to touch some parts in but then it can start to look a bit odd with shiny frame here and duller frame there. Suggestions?

Edited by italianmotor - 27 Jul 2015 at 18:50
exsmokingbiker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exsmokingbiker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 19:28
hammerite smooth then when dry a light random rub with some fine wire wool to blend it in and remove the shine

For all your engineering- ultrasonic and aquablasting needs see WWW.bike-aquablasting.co.uk
Ado View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 21:08
You owe that bike Adam,I mean seriously, it must of looked after you over the years,careful the guzzi police dont do you for assault.

Thanks for sharing though.How a rough old T3 can still look appealing I dont know,still in the right hands I am sure.
"BEST YEARS OF OUR LIFE"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic