guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > CARC models
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

e.f.i. mod for all rough running carc bikes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pupton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: e.f.i. mod for all rough running carc bikes
    Posted: 11 Jun 2015 at 11:59

Please click through the link below  here to view details

vmaxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmaxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 15:33
Have you tried it.
Can you report results
Tarquin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 16:12
The OP ( Pupton ) is Dave who actually sells these. they do seem to get good reports.

It's the same guy that was selling that lovely black Scura on the Club siteThumbs Up
California 111,California 1100i,Suzuki FZ50, Yamaha YB100, NSU Quickly,

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”
vmaxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmaxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 17:06
I must admit, the only thing I'm critical of with my Griso, is it's low speed characteristics.
It's no biggie, but if it could just be made to run a little less lumpy and jumpy around town, I'd be as happy as hector
Ken-Guzzibear View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 18:48
it works period ....worth talking to Dave he is a straight forward top bloke if only you could just plug one o them into the 2 valve v11 but different ecu so I had to really work at it to get glitches reduced ..there are some there but the ride is just so good it does not matter atall
The Older i Get, The Better I Was
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 22:45
Always do a few basic checks when it comes to seemingly rough running.
Ensure the throttle bodies have been synchronised properly and the TPS reset.

Check the throttle cable for excess slack, reduce it to the minimum, you would be surprised how much this can help.

There are some bikes, not all, which still suffer from problems, in this case follow the advice above.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
Ken-Guzzibear View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 11:24
The other things that affect the V11 are minute air leak in the inlet rubbers and or exhaust connections and if the tickover too low ....the unit does not work on the early V11 sport/lemans ...does help the later bikes however check all the obvious too
The Older i Get, The Better I Was
vmaxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmaxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 19:05
Originally posted by Brian UK Brian UK wrote:

Ensure the throttle bodies have been synchronised properly and the TPS reset.

I wish I could find someone nearby who I could trust to do this for me.
Unhappy
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 21:23
The sync is very easy, you just need a manometer, look in the FAQ section for details. That you can easily do yourself.
The problem is the TPS setting as if you have to adjust the linkage between the TBs, you will alter the TPS setting and the only way to reset it is with software. Guzzidiag is free and does it at the click of a mouse though you have to buy a couple of cables.
Obviously the dealer software will too, at a price. I have the Technoresearch software which also does it but that also costs a bit. (But cheaper than a couple of visits to the dealer).

By the way, on my Norge I found the sync would constantly go off, but found a drop of Locktite on the adjuster screw head sorted that.

Edited by Brian UK - 26 Jun 2015 at 21:25
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
vmaxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmaxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2015 at 12:55
Originally posted by Brian UK Brian UK wrote:

The problem is the TPS setting as if you have to adjust the linkage between the TBs, you will alter the TPS setting and the only way to reset it is with software. Guzzidiag is free and does it at the click of a mouse though you have to buy a couple of cables.

That sounds hard to me, with the potential for a complete disaster
Shocked
Paul_tim View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul_tim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 16:19
The new unit has made a massive difference to my '08 Stelvio (Switches 1 to 6 on, 7 and 8 off). Hunting on part throttle almost totally eliminated, popping on the overrun (with a GPR end can) almost gone and possibly a slight improvement to mpg but as I fitted it prior to a 2,000 mile trip round Spain and I've not commuted on it very much it's difficult to be sure. Once I get back to work and I start my daily round trip into Leicester then I'll be able to see if the consumption has improved from 40mpg.
Gordon View Drop Down
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 07:29
2011 Stelvio. Am getting this unit fitted Thursday
Gordon
Gordon
Gordon View Drop Down
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2015 at 20:36
2011 Stelvio. Got mine fitted today. Not sure what I'm expecting, will have to ride a bit more
Gordon
Gordon
Paul_tim View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul_tim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2016 at 20:20
Update after about 4K miles, whilst the temp is above about 12oC this works well, as soon as ambient drops below this the poor, part throttle, response returns but maybe not as bad as previous. May need to adjust the unit for winter riding.
No significant effect on average mpg as far as I can tell.

Doc. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 18:59
I must be one of the lucky ones!
My '09 Stelvio, 22,500 miles, 3500 of which are mine, smooth as a Baby's bum from Tickover to the Redline, any gear, any load, any weather.

Not done a TB balance or TPS reset yet, leave well alone I reckon.
Will probably do them at next service though, just for the 'knowledge' if nothing else.
Doc out!

Stelvio/V85 Owners Group on FB
https://www.facebook.com/groups/888995181188209/?fref=nf
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic