guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Small Blocks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Single TB 750 AND V7Mk2 e.f.i. Accessory

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobV7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 15:05
So in all honesty they are past their sell by date as an engine design and no longer fit for purpose. Makes you wonder how Piaggio are permitted to continue selling the V7 range in such a tightly legislated market. If the new 850 engines prove to be so much better regarding emissions then Piaggio must have made some truly ground breaking improvements over the past few years, or perhaps going from a Heron Head to a Hemi has made all the difference! If so just how many old engines did they have sitting around in the warehouses?

Edited by BobV7 - 08 Feb 2019 at 15:28
V7 Classic Black and gold was the best. But green & black was nice too. Now blue is in!
Cylvabirch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cylvabirch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 16:30
Bob V7,
It looks like you have a V7 Classic as I do.
Mine was aweful until I corrected a misadjusted “sacred screw” on the LH throttle that had been mucked about with. I did this with the help of Mark Bayley (Beetle) out in Australia via Facebook Messenger. He guided me through using GuzziDiag and setting the throttle balance exactly right at 2000 rpm, resetting the TPS and finally adjusting the idle.
Since then the bike has been transformed and I have removed a Finebau Forge device that seemed to be in conflict with the ECU. My bike is on whatever factory map it had when I bought it.
If you live near me in NE Hampshire area (I see you are in West Sussex, so not very far away) I would be happy to help you set yours up.
David.

Edited by Cylvabirch - 09 Feb 2019 at 16:33
BobV7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobV7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 16:55
Hi David, have sent a PM!

Cheers, Bob
V7 Classic Black and gold was the best. But green & black was nice too. Now blue is in!
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 17:06
So there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Be interesting to see if this does sort out your bike Bob. Might explain why some seem to be so much worse than others.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
Cylvabirch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cylvabirch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 15:43
 My offer is open to anyone with one of the earlier V7s ie before the V7 II. Bob has decided to stay with his current set up for now.
Just be sure to set your valve clearance at the right level cold before coming over.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic