guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Small Blocks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Single TB 750 AND V7Mk2 e.f.i. Accessory

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonewuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 18:30
Originally posted by sonicboom sonicboom wrote:

So do we have any other people that have used this product?

Had one on the Bella for 3 years much better running.
Just took it off ,Because i have upped the fuel pressure so its no longer running lean
Leofric View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leofric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 20:46
just started riding 2015 V7.2 and also find engine is likely to stall after just setting off unless you rev up - but surely moto guzzi dealers should be able to get engines to run smoothly without owners having to fit some aftermarket gadget which would probably invalidate the manufacturer's warranty as well as costing more money!
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 22:38
Lots of bikes are like this, not just MG. It's cos they're set for stupidly low emissions and not actual real life. Only other option is a remap of the ECU.

"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."
Leofric View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leofric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 15:05
what remap do you have to have done to cure the problem? - and what if the dealer says the latest remap was done?
my 2015 V7 2 special is still under moto guzzi warranty but I was considering getting a Finebau 8 jet (or whatever they are called)part to try and get smoother running at all rpm.
regards
Squarepants View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squarepants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 22:35
Just a general comment...

3 x EFi Guzzis in our household. 2007 Breva 750, 2010 Griso 8V SE and 2014 Stelvio 8V. All run well on standard (updated) mapping without recourse to the Finebau units or similar. 

What am I missing?

Jon

Edited by Squarepants - 29 Apr 2017 at 22:38
Smiling while it stays reliable...
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 18:58
Some people don't seem to have a problem. I don't know why.
"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."
Cusi View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cusi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 20:11
Just had the first service on my V7 Racer 2.  Map has been updated and it has helped to reduce the tendancy to stall when first starting off.  According to blurb map was created 3/7/15 mapping 4533v795
Never sacrifice position for safety
Thorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 20:30
I've just fitted a finebau. Is it something I should advise my insurers of?
jef View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 15:39
I bought a new V7ii in November last year.  I find the fuelling irritating too.

On start up, opening the throttle will cause it to stall.  For a few minutes after start up, all is very delicate if one is hoping for a rapid departure.

Once warmed up, there is no problem moving off, but the fuelling is not smooth below about 2,500 to 3,000 rpm.  It will not pull smoothly and seems to hunt, backwards and forwards, as if there is drive train snatch.  It makes riding in town unpleasant, when there is so much else to worry about.

My little Suzuki VanVan (RV125) is a dream when it comes to FI fuelling.

Above 3,000 it goes very nicely.  Quicker and slicker than my previous 08 Reg V7, I would say.

It is averaging just over 60 mpg, which is marginally better than the previous V7.  On a trip the other day, it did a shade under 70 mpg.  So no complaints on petrol consumption.

But start up and low rev running is a pain.  I agree, why should it be necessary to have to spend money on fixing something that should not need fixing.    
BobV7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobV7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 16:02
"I agree, why should it be necessary to have to spend money on fixing something that should not need fixing."

The same question applies to the quality of many motorcycle parts such as the rear suspension units and in some instances the seat design and materials. The problem is that unlike car manufacturers bike manufacturers assume that their products will be purchaced by the sort of people that like to "tinker and customise", and so it's more cost effective to fit cheaper components then sell you better made ones!
V7 Classic Black and gold was the best. But green & black was nice too. Now blue is in!
Thorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 18:16
The Finebau has made a noticeable difference, but the V7 is still not as pleasant in traffic as the R9t Pure I tried a few weeks ago. The heavy clutch adds to the problems. I believe that the V7lll has a lighter clutch,. Does it still run lumpily?
V7Chris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote V7Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 19:43
Originally posted by Thorn Thorn wrote:

The Finebau has made a noticeable difference, but the V7 is still not as pleasant in traffic as the R9t Pure I tried a few weeks ago. The heavy clutch adds to the problems. I believe that the V7lll has a lighter clutch,. Does it still run lumpily?

My v7ii which I bought new in May 2015 has all the problems referred to above. I have not fitted the Finbau unit as I was reluctant to do this during the 2 year warranty period. It is standard and has apparently received 2 software updates during the services...not made a blind bit of difference. Clutch on mine does not seem particularly heavy. However the mkiii that I recently tested (did a brief review somewhere on this forum) exhibited none of these issues and the clutch is definitely lighter. I will still be keeping the mkii though because otherwise, I prefer it. Still might try the finbau unit though.
jef View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 21:03
BobV7 has a point, though it could be said that seats, suspension and the like are more subjective.  It will very much depend on the type of body that the designers were working to as to whether any or all of these things matter to a particular buyer.

That said, there is nothing subjective about dodgy fuelling.  It is part of the basic engineering of the engine, something I am told that Italians are proud of. 
oldlegs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldlegs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 21:41
V7chris, I took my finebau off my v711 you can try that if you want, they only take about 20mins tofit. Steve.
Current: Beta Motard M4. Beta Motard tourer. Beta Super Motard. Beta Alp.
BobV7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobV7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 22:02
Jef....my comment on quality is based on constant complaints on this forum from Guzzi owners regarding the need to change these components, plus of course my own experience of the same.

Edited by BobV7 - 16 Sep 2017 at 22:15
V7 Classic Black and gold was the best. But green & black was nice too. Now blue is in!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic