guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Introduction > Rogues Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Show us yer non Guzzi bike ~

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 65>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote saultrader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 08:56
It's a 1947 600cc M100. Brian, it's a great achievement to rise from a squatting position using one leg, I'm still trying to master it with two.
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 10:33
I couldn't do it now.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
NickDC View Drop Down
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 14:25
2008 Aprilia Tuono
johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 17:07
Thumbs Up
1100 sport corsa , Yam R1, guzzi 650tt rider
TooJuicy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TooJuicy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 17:21
Originally posted by NickDC NickDC wrote:

2008 Aprilia Tuono

Nick, yer need to be careful posting contentious pictures like that around here!

Before we know it there'll be a thread-storm over the best proportions for the bit of wood to prop up your side stand, firm positions will be struck. Nailing my colors to the mast, for my Guzzi in the garage I favour wider-than-taller wood packing under my side stand.

Tony
NickDC View Drop Down
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 02:26
Originally posted by TooJuicy TooJuicy wrote:

Originally posted by NickDC NickDC wrote:

2008 Aprilia Tuono

Nick, yer need to be careful posting contentious pictures like that around here!

Before we know it there'll be a thread-storm over the best proportions for the bit of wood to prop up your side stand, firm positions will be struck. Nailing my colors to the mast, for my Guzzi in the garage I favour wider-than-taller wood packing under my side stand.

Tony

You are correct.  I should have photoshopped it out Wink
Jerry atric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry atric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 08:41
That looks like a piece of pine to me. The resin in that could be a fire risk! I have lots of little off cuts left over from an oak extension we had done on the house. Visitors can pick the size best suited to their bike. (gravel drive)
Barry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 09:03
You probably want to align that piece of wood in the direction that the side stand wants to 'slip'. That way there's more surface for the stand to find, should it want to move (but perhaps that's just a Guzzi trait?).

I have the same issue with the engineering brick that I kick under the side stand of the Cali T3 (when I initially park up on my own drive). If I put the brick short side to the stand, there's inevitably a little more movement and ... well, you know the rest, as you all own Guzzis.

I've got a really nice, shipyard size metal bolt nut that I use (under side-stands) specifically for photography purposes.

Do we need a new thread for this?
Barry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 09:06
I was going to give an example, but goshdarnit, looks like I used the _bolt_ itself in this picture (also, my mate assures me that the nut *and* bolt are as used in the construction of concrete barn frameworks.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/38618096@N00/24535098385/in/album-72157663111885219/
Jerry atric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry atric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 13:44
Could you actually use that nut/bolt arrangement on bikes that don't necessarily have bits Stuck Anywhere?
Barry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 14:09
¿bits stuck anywhere?
Dave P. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 15:57

BSA
TO LIVE OUTSIDE THE LAW YOU MUST BE HONEST.

1971 V7 Special. 1972 850GT.
1970 T120 Bonnie. 2009 500 Bullet.
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 16:09
Originally posted by TooJuicy TooJuicy wrote:

Before we know it there'll be a thread-storm over the best proportions for the bit of wood to prop up your side stand,

I had to physically restrain myself from writing a comment Big smile

But as we're here, I got quite attached to a square of 10mm ply, fitted perfect in the tank bag Big smile

"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."
Dave P. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 16:24

Ok I'm cheating here.This bike isn't mine.I spotted it last Monday evening in an Italian restaurant in the old waiting room of Tynemouth station.
The grub was good too.
TO LIVE OUTSIDE THE LAW YOU MUST BE HONEST.

1971 V7 Special. 1972 850GT.
1970 T120 Bonnie. 2009 500 Bullet.
TooJuicy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooJuicy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 17:16
"IN" a restaurant? Must be a very rough neighborhood.

Reminds me of a café in N.E. Italy I stopped at last summer, while ordering my coffee & negotiating lunch (it was mid-afternoon & the owner was keen to shut up shop) I noticed an early Le Mans sitting in the window. Except it was white, not the common red, and not concourse either. In another window was an equally old Vespa.

Tony
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 65>
  Share Topic