guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Introduction > Rogues Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Show us yer non Guzzi bike ~

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 65>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cugsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 18:53
bamaha or yabsa....
Due to italian electrickery I am saying nowt. Despite nearly giving the Vstrom away the honda has gone...
chrisdavis55 View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisdavis55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 19:01
Originally posted by chrisdavis55 chrisdavis55 wrote:

I wish I could say it was an original idea but I saw an A65 at Stafford last year fitted with a Honda CB750 engine so I thought of building a bike along those lines. A mate of mine is an engineer and he built it for me, I did the polishing and the general dogsbody work etc. The bike is built from three donors, a bare A10 frame, Yamaha XJ600 Pre Diversion engine and Honda CB550 forks, yolks and instruments. 

I had a custom exhaust and seat made and we had Honda twin discs fitted but changed it to a Suzuki GT750 4ls. brake and Kawasaki Z650 rear brake. It goes and handles well and its good to have an electric start, six speed box and no oil leaks!

Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 19:39
That looks really good must be said Thumbs Up

"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."
magwa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 13:33
Sometimes simple is fun
some time you just Triumph

Triumph 955i with 14k miles from new. Custom decals made to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the red arrows. ( all removable if not liked....I loved them )

Edited by magwa - 14 Nov 2017 at 14:42
Magwa
2002 Triumph Sprint ST

1986 Morgan 4/4
1968 mobylette
ReggieV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReggieV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 16:52
Chris, that's a very tidy job that you've done on the YAMBSA. Thumbs Up
When I met you, I seem to recall that you told me that the previous owner of the Yamaha asked you to promise that you'd take care of his bike. Well you certainly kept that promise didn't you. LOLLOL
chrisdavis55 View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisdavis55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 17:07
I looked everywhere for a low mileage XJ600 Pre Diversion and when one came up locally with a genuine 6,500 miles I didn't have the heart to tell him I only wanted the engine and wiring!

The bike was in mint condition but a Pre Diversion is going to take a long time to be collectible and the owner made sure I gave him a good price for it.
johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 17:09
I got a friend at work who is oldskool moped mad and I think there great to.
1100 sport corsa , Yam R1, guzzi 650tt rider
magwa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 18:47
Originally posted by johnno johnno wrote:

I got a friend at work who is oldskool moped mad and I think there great to.

Yes for less than the cost of a cheap Halford bike you can have a tax free mot free 200mpg moped to fetch the Sunday papers on   
Magwa
2002 Triumph Sprint ST

1986 Morgan 4/4
1968 mobylette
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 20:21
In a test done a few years ago now in Paris, the two stroke moped was the most polluting of all vehicles on a test route across the city.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
magwa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 22:27
Originally posted by Brian UK Brian UK wrote:

In a test done a few years ago now in Paris, the two stroke moped was the most polluting of all vehicles on a test route across the city.

Good job I don't live in Paris. But 200mpg by definition isn't as polluting as any diesel car and at 40:1 oil ratio in petroil

Wales can take a little bit of blue haze
once a week on Sunday
Magwa
2002 Triumph Sprint ST

1986 Morgan 4/4
1968 mobylette
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 22:48
Well actually it was.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
Tarquin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tarquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 09:50
Originally posted by magwa magwa wrote:

Sometimes simple is fun

Nice little old bike.

My mate has a similar one and rides it all the time.

Dirt cheap to run and maintain and he reckons that you don't need anything

expensive or exotic to still put a smile on your face.
California 111,California 1100i,Suzuki FZ50, Yamaha YB100, NSU Quickly,

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”
Dukedesmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dukedesmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 10:51
Interesting BSA/Yamaha 'hybrid' an update on the Triton theme I suppose.

Slightly O/T but whenever I see a Triton, it always make me think what happened to all the Norton engines and Triumph frames?...Confused
Le Mans 2
Ducati 916

Ducati M900
Barry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 11:00
A lot of the Norton engines went into the 500cc Formula 3 racing cars of the era, leaving a pile of spare rolling chassis hanging around, just begging for an engine to be shoe-horned into them.

As for the Triumph frames, well... they went into the same ditch as the bathtub mudguards, etc. etc.

Edited by Barry - 15 Nov 2017 at 11:03
iansoady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iansoady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 11:01
Best place for 'em......
Ian
1952 Norton ES2
1986 Honda XBR500
1958-ish Greeves/Triumph in progress
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 65>
  Share Topic