guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Introduction > Introduce yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Contributions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red leader one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 14:27
Can someone do an idiots guide please like.....

go to pay pal click on do dah etc.
iansoady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iansoady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 15:02
If you have a paypal account:

go to your account and click on the "Pay or send money"  tab.

choose "send money to friends or family"

enter the email address of the person you're sending to

put in the amount

press continue

..... and that's it.

friends and family means that the recipient doesn't have to pay any fees (and neither do you).
Ian
1952 Norton ES2
1986 Honda XBR500
1958-ish Greeves/Triumph in progress
Jim Mac View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 15:08
you need to pay by debit card or from your bank account to avoid a fee.  if you have a credit card registered at Paypal that i used as a default they will charge you

if you pay in a foreign currency, Paypal will deduct a conversion charge and pay remainder in £

i dont think the charges are much unless you want to donate a huge sum 
V85 TT Trzvel    BMW R45
Too old to die young
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 19:13
Done. Thumbs Up

-
"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."
David Owen View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Owen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 19:26
On behalf of us neo-Luddites who don't do the Paypal thing, is there another way to support the cause, comrade?
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 19:29
Thanks all.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
red leader one View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red leader one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 19:38
Originally posted by David Owen David Owen wrote:

On behalf of us neo-Luddites who don't do the Paypal thing, is there another way to support the cause, comrade?

+1
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 20:14
Spread the word? It all helps.

Financially there isn't an alternative simple way really.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
iansoady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iansoady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 10:46
Originally posted by Jim Mac Jim Mac wrote:

you need to pay by debit card or from your bank account to avoid a fee.  if you have a credit card registered at Paypal that i used as a default they will charge you

That's not quite right. If your credit card is your main source of funds there's no charge. At least there isn't for me......

Edited by iansoady - 06 Dec 2017 at 10:49
Ian
1952 Norton ES2
1986 Honda XBR500
Dukedesmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dukedesmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 11:15
Donation sent Thumbs Up
Le Mans 2
Ducati 916

Ducati M900
Jim Mac View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 11:53
Originally posted by iansoady iansoady wrote:

Originally posted by Jim Mac Jim Mac wrote:

That's not quite right. If your credit card is your main source of funds there's no charge. At least there isn't for me......

Paypal state:  No fee to use you Bak Balance or Debit Card to send GBP in the UK.   i used my credit card linked to my paypal account to send a test payment - i got charged for it.  as i said unless you send a lot of money any fee will be low

V85 TT Trzvel    BMW R45
Too old to die young
iansoady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iansoady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 12:18
I've just checked my credit card and paypal statements. I've made about 8 payments in the last month or so and none have been charged extra.

However..... if you actually use the credit card to make the payment rather than having it as your "source of funds" you possibly will be charged.

Using a credit card as main source of funds does carry a small risk as it is what's called a "continuous payment authority" which can be tricky to rescind. I once had to cancel a credit card because of one of those (not paypal).
Ian
1952 Norton ES2
1986 Honda XBR500
Jim Mac View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 15:12
You wont get charged for using a credit card to pay for something you have purchased becuase Paypal will pass the charge on to the seller,  but they wont absorb the transaction the payment on a gift
V85 TT Trzvel    BMW R45
Too old to die young
Nick Barnard View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Barnard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 11:40
Agree with Tarquin....can see no actual address only the ability to send one and Paypal will not accept that? 
850 T3
Ken-Guzzibear View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 12:53
look on BrianUK membership and his e mail is there click on the name them member details scroll down the e mail is the paypal ref 
The Older i Get, The Better I Was
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic