guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Introduction > Rogues Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coburn & Hughes Black and Gold MK2's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 16>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2016 at 22:54
I'd echo that

1976 "Zagato" Gootsi cafe racer
BMW GSA
tractorfan View Drop Down
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tractorfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2016 at 00:16
I  recall a bond equipe being a car,if that,s right  do you have any pictures,Memories of Alex Thom from Vivian road in Newport have been curdled,they were Bond dealers
BondEquipe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BondEquipe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2016 at 12:29
Originally posted by tractorfan tractorfan wrote:

I  recall a bond equipe being a car,if that,s right  do you have any pictures,Memories of Alex Thom from Vivian road in Newport have been curdled,they were Bond dealers

Indeed, though I have recently sold mine.  Do I need to change my "handle"?

Stephen
Black & Gold LM2
+ Other Bikes & Projects!
tractorfan View Drop Down
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tractorfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2016 at 14:32
Handles start conversations, so that,s a no,NICE OLD MOTOR 
doug123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2016 at 22:52
Nice one popped up on ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Moto-Guzzi-le-Mans-850-Coburn-and-Hughes-/331821716250?hash=item4d421d931a:g:V5gAAOSwAvJXAXWD

manxie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 12:08
Yes, very nice. Is this the sort of money they`re going for these days? I DO LIKE the C&H Guzzi`s  Cool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BondEquipe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 12:39
Originally posted by manxie manxie wrote:

Yes, very nice. Is this the sort of money they`re going for these days?

I certainly hope so.  The reg number is only one digit away from mine!!
Stephen
Black & Gold LM2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BondEquipe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 19:06
I see this one has sold. I did ask the vendor to pass my details on to the new owner (it being only one digit away from mine on the reg number) but nothing heard from either. Unhappy
Stephen
Black & Gold LM2
LemansII View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LemansII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2016 at 14:42
Hi all,

I've just today joined the forum because few a weeks ago I bought what I believe to be an original C&H Black and Gold LeMans II.

The reg is OPB 2W, registered in 1981, and has about 49k miles on it. As far as I can tell it looks to be original, in terms of paint on the tank, fairing & frame, including original surface rust on the frame !!!

It's MOT'd and I've been out for a couple of rides on it. Brings back memories, as I had a black & gold LM2 back in the very early 80's, just after they went on sale.

I need to get in it for a service, as there are a few minor issues to get fixed, e.g stuck choke which is making it run a bit rich on 1 cylinder, tachometer not working, some electrical gremlins, and a suspect fluid leak from the foot brake master cylinder.

Once that's all sorted there are a couple of minor cosmetic repairs on the lower fairings, then get the lafranconis re-finished.   Boy, do they sound good though 😊😊😊😊😊😊

Then I think it will be fully sorted, not restored, but a very good, clean, original example, which I will try to take to some of the Guzzi club meetings this or next year

I'll have a look at how to upload photos and then get some uploaded

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BondEquipe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2016 at 16:37
Well LeMansII you'll note from the post above yours that I asked for my details to be passed to you. Clearly they weren't.  You see I have OPB3W which I've known for over 30 years and is a n original C&H so I'd say it's a pretty fair bet that yours is too.

We'll have to try and get them together sometime for a photo.
Stephen
Black & Gold LM2
LemansII View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LemansII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2016 at 17:41
Hi Bondequipe,

The PO did mention someone (you) had been in touch with him, and he would put us in contact, but he went on holiday just after I bought the bike, so perhaps forgot.

Anyway, it's great to be in contact with you, and all the other C&H owners.

It would be really great to get 2 (or more) of these great bikes together.   As you've known your bike for 30 years it will be a very good benchmark for me to work to to ensure mine is as original as I can make it.

I live in the Windsor (Berkshire) area. Where are you?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BondEquipe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2016 at 20:24
Barnacle - like it says!

Okay, save you searching, that's just N of Coventry.

I'm away for a few weeks so won't make Cassington, etc but should be at Calne with the Guzzi on 30 Jul.
Stephen
Black & Gold LM2
Brown57 View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brown57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2016 at 22:25
This looks like a good event.  Weather permitting it would be good to gather C&H Black and gold bikes together at this (for an approx 35 years anniversary meet).

http://www.bladegroupmotoguzzi.co.uk/pages/about/bladegroup-news/come-join-us-for-moto-guzzi-day-2016.htm#.V4gAKZwwjDc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BondEquipe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2016 at 07:35
Originally posted by Brown57 Brown57 wrote:

This looks like a good event.  Weather permitting it would be good to gather C&H Black and gold bikes together at this (for an approx 35 years anniversary meet).

http://www.bladegroupmotoguzzi.co.uk/pages/about/bladegroup-news/come-join-us-for-moto-guzzi-day-2016.htm#.V4gAKZwwjDc

I can do that one - though I wouldn't fancy sitting there all day in the hope of some prize!  Any particular time you fancy?
Stephen
Black & Gold LM2
LemansII View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LemansII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2016 at 10:05
Hi all,

My B&G LM2 is in being serviced as I type. As long as no major issues crop up, I plan to be at Calne on 30th.

Probably get there late morning / midday.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 16>
  Share Topic