guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Introduction > Rogues Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coburn & Hughes Black and Gold MK2's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 16>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BondEquipe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 17:59
Nice but doesn't look like a:

Coburn & Hughes Black and Gold MK2

Ooopss saw the red un above got carried away, so took it down sorry LOL

Edited by Ken-Guzzibear - 13 Apr 2015 at 10:24
Stephen
Black & Gold LM2
+ Other Bikes & Projects!
Lemon 2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lemon 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 08:46
I would say that looks about right Stephen. nice.

Not mine, but i think this also a genuine C&H mk2.
Dazed and Confused

Le Mans Mk2
italianmotor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote italianmotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 09:05
Yeah, we were sorting out the heads and gaskets on his bike so used available fuel for cleaning. More here about his crappy Le Mans 2 http://italianmotor.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/maybe-italian-motorcycle-electrics-are.html

Originally posted by Lemon 2 Lemon 2 wrote:

WTF is going on in this photo ? Degreasing a pot via removed carb ? Love it ...Stern Smile
Guzzi lover doing my own thing: http://www.italianmotormagazine.com
alatamost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alatamost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 09:06
Er, in those days I eas a penniless civil servant and couldnt stretch to the C&H Guzzi....recall being in the Harringay shop to pick up my new XS650 and looking enviously at the unattainable Guzzis in stock.
Al
BondEquipe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BondEquipe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 10:00
Cheers Lemon - I was actually referring to the picture of a V11 Sport that someone had put in for no apparent reason but has now removed!

It were me cos I saw the red n Black Le mans and got carried away, Guzzi fever twas Oh yeah and it's me age tha' knows LOLLOL I had cleaned it after MOT so was full of chuftness....LOL AND the sun was shining, and ...erm tryin' to think of  another "and" oh yeah I had a beer ....LOL

Edited by Ken-Guzzibear - 13 Apr 2015 at 10:27
Stephen
Black & Gold LM2
+ Other Bikes & Projects!
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 18:50
Originally posted by alatamost alatamost wrote:

Er, in those days I eas a penniless civil servant and couldnt stretch to the C&H Guzzi....recall being in the Harringay shop to pick up my new XS650 and looking enviously at the unattainable Guzzis in stock.
Al

Spookily identical to my situation at that time!

If I'd tried asking for a loan for one my bank manager would've needed a week to stop laughing

"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."
red leader one View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red leader one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 00:03
I only asked a Bank Manager for a loan once.

He had known me and my family from the day I was born

Birmingham Municipal Bank it was.

He said no as I was a bad risk cause I was single.

Wanted £275 to buy an Austin 1100. I was 17.

Never liked Banks since.

Never again gave them the chance to make money out of me.
Jerry atric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry atric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 06:57
I borrowed £500 towards my T3. The bank manager was always very friendly and he gave me some very strong advice which I always remember: "you should go to Africa, young man. There's nothing left in this country. Rhodesia is the land of opportunity." He was probably only about 40 but seemed ancient. A year later Rhodesia was Zimbabwe. Good advice? Hmm.
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 12:18
Nothing is without change.

"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."
vmaxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmaxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2015 at 17:28
Originally posted by handyandy1 handyandy1 wrote:

This was mine in the 80's, dunno if it was a C&H model, but you can see the similarities.....
I got it from a shop down a back street in Brighton, who's name escapes me, but they always had one or two Guzzis in their showroom.

Blimey yes, I remember them.
Going back to the early 80's
Funny little place.
They were a Honda main dealer.
I remember being there as an 18 year old newbie, and gawping at the newly released Honda CB900F2 in red and white.

vmaxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmaxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2015 at 17:34
There's a nice looking one for sale at the moment

Mopar Pete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mopar Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2015 at 19:52
Yep, I've got a black and gold one as well; a "work in Progress".....
Bushymusic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bushymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2015 at 15:40
I just bough one!,,,
Oldrat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2015 at 15:48
Welcome onboard fella

Looks like a nice bike.  I'd have bought that myself...except I've already got one.
Smile
1976 "Zagato" Gootsi cafe racer
BMW GSA
Ianboydsnr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ianboydsnr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2015 at 15:50
I suspect my LM2 project is one, no reason other than its a late registered one!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 16>
  Share Topic