guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Small Blocks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PHBH 30 carbs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iceni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PHBH 30 carbs
    Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 17:12
This might be me going off half-cocked, but before I buy S&B  air filters, I've been trying to determine standard jet sizes for the carbs, to see if a previous owner had upped them when fitting the K&N's, but so far all I've found are AVAILABLE sizes, so not been able to place an order todayUnhappy   Perhaps there's no such thing as a standard carb.
Fitted the new inlet flexible connector, and it's moved the L/H carb away from the frame, so that's a result.
italianmotor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote italianmotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 17:33
Which bike? If you look in the manual for the bike it should tell you the standard settings for the carbs for that model.
Guzzi lover doing my own thing: http://www.italianmotormagazine.com
balge View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 18:00
Found this, any good?
iceni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 20:56
Told you I was going off half cocked! Been in a bit of a rush today so missed the obvious! Great info - thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote italianmotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 22:03
Eurocarb list all jet sizes for the PHBH (and all other Dell'Orto carbs..). Try them for air filters too, I've had excellent K&N clones from them that do the same thing but without the pricier branding. Brilliant service too.
iceni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 09:15
According to chart main jet should be 102.  Mine, on the carb I've had off, is 145. All the other parts are as chart.  Going to take both carbs off now, to do a proper check re float height etc..
As the 750T is not specified in the chart, I'm using data for the 750 Nevada, which I hope is right.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote italianmotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 10:08
Yes it is, it's the 750 Targa is it not? T stands for Targa, so 100 main jet etc.

Originally posted by iceni iceni wrote:

As the 750T is not specified in the chart, I'm using data for the 750 Nevada, which I hope is right.

Edited by italianmotor - 13 Mar 2015 at 10:11
iceni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 10:47
This is what ive got in carbs:
Main jets 120 &145 should be 100
Needle valve T268 & T266. Should both be T266
Floats 11.3 gr. should be 9.5gr. Heights ok.
Start jet ok at 60 std.
Idle jets ok as std. 38
Needles X8 std on third groove.
Slide ok at 40
Interesting! Now to speak to someone re filters and main jet sizes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote italianmotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 13:03
Speak to Matt Cooper at Eurocarb, he'll be able to advise you on what jets to go with which filters: http://www.dellorto.co.uk/
iceni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 13:19
Originally posted by italianmotor italianmotor wrote:

Speak to Matt Cooper at Eurocarb, he'll be able to advise you on what jets to go with which filters: <a href="http:////www.dellorto.co.uk/" rel="nofollow">http://www.dellorto.co.uk/</a>

Been in discussion with Matt and have just ordered parts to bring carbs to same spec on each side. Excellent service and advice. Thanks for pointing me in his direction.
Once parts are fitted, I will try bike with the K&N's it came with, to see if there's any difference, and take it from there.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote italianmotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 15:00
Yes, Matt is very helpful and knows his stuff. What main jets are you going to start with?

Edited by italianmotor - 13 Mar 2015 at 15:01
iceni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 16:09
Matt suggested 130's, so that's what I've ordered, although its about 30% bigger than standard.
Ken-Guzzibear View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 17:16
K&N's will need bigger jets yes
The Older i Get, The Better I Was
iceni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2015 at 08:49
I'm told the  750T was introduced for those who didn't like the 750 Strada, so maybe I should use settings etc. for that model?  It's possibly not that important re the carbs, as I think the only difference is the setting of the position from top of the needle at 2nd or 3rd groove.  The main jets range from 100 to 105, but as I'm fitting individual filters, that can be ignored.  Just for the hell of it, I did a compression check - L/H cyl  130, R/H 140.  Spark plug threads are a bit sloppier than I'd like, but they're not blowing, so will leave well alone.
iceni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2015 at 09:13
Wow! Ordered parts from Eurocarb around mid-day Friday and they arrived this morning! That's what I call service.
Superb.   
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic