guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sales and Wants > Bikes for sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1979 T3 California Sale Agreed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GraemeG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1979 T3 California Sale Agreed
    Posted: 28 Nov 2022 at 17:51
 I have just put a deposit on a new v85 so the old California must go to make room. I've owned it for about 4 years and it is currently wearing standard T3 handlebars and footpegs, all the original footboards, frame lowers and handlebars will go with it. It gets regular use and has never let me down. It has the click no crank mod with a new starter relay. There is plenty of patina and no history before I bought it other than previously registered overseas. Currently showing 18000km, must have been around once before I would think. Looking for £3,600 and I am based in Shropshire.
Graeme

Edited by GraemeG - 03 Dec 2022 at 13:54
Jerry atric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry atric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2022 at 21:39
Can you post any more pictures please Graeme?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry atric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2022 at 07:37
Ive sent you a PM.
BondEquipe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BondEquipe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2022 at 13:56
Originally posted by Jerry atric Jerry atric wrote:

Can you post any more pictures please Graeme?

Are you trying to go through every T3 Cali in the country?
Stephen
Black & Gold LM2
+ Other Bikes & Projects!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry atric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2022 at 14:41
I'm cornering the market then I'll push the price up Actually I have a friend who is looking for one.
jmee54 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmee54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2022 at 20:03
I beat you to it. Wink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry atric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2022 at 22:45
Ah well, that's life. Congratulations.
GraemeG View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GraemeG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 07:31
I'll be sending out some pictures and video to the interested parties at the weekend, there is an orderly queue forming.
Graeme
V7Chris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote V7Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 07:39
Queue? I love a queue. Pssst, what are we queuing for?Tongue

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry atric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 14:56
Does this mean I'm still in the running?
red leader one View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red leader one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 16:40
Yes and your in the Queue

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry atric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 19:19
Good news for Graeme. So who is the lucky winner???
jmee54 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmee54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 22:57
Me I'm afraid!

The California was the bike that sparked my interest in Moto Guzzis.
I bought a Convert which was pretty similar, but different (I still have it and won't sell it
I followed that with a Belaggio which I sold. Great bike, but my heart lay with the older bikes and I imported a LAPD Eldorado, which was lovely. I then imported a basket case Ambassador LAPD that was costing many ££££s to fix. So much so that I sold the Eldorado. (I've regretted it ever since)
I still have the Ambassador which needs a bit more fettling to be my slightly customised Loop.
I then bought a V85TT on PCP to ride to Mandello for the 100th celebrations. Covid meant all my bookings had to be cancelled and the journey never happened. The V85TT was always going to be returned at the end of the contract, but I sold it early and paid it off, with a few quid in my pocket.
Then this California popped up and I had enough money saved to buy it. I have a friend down here in Cornwall with a patina queen T3 California that is just so right.

So this is going to be my patina queen and will stay that way, with just a bit of oily rag attention and it will stay with me till I croak, along with the Ambassador and Convert. I am now content and will not buy another bike. (I have a Honda that might well go some time)

Sorry I got there first. Cheers John.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry atric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2022 at 08:50
Excellent stuff. Congratulations, John. I know its subjective but there's just something about the T3 Cali.
Barry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2022 at 09:14
Another happy CaliT3 owner. And I'm personally happy to hear that it will be a ridden 'patina queen' - so many of these seem to get 'restored' to within an inch of their lives (personal opinion, and absolutely each to their own). Photos with new happy owner, please (o:
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic