guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Social section > The Bar.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

End of an Erer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: End of an Erer
    Posted: 28 Nov 2022 at 12:09
After a lot of Soul searching Ive decided no more bikes. I'd only worry that someone was breaking into my garage if I got another.
I'll get their soon
Jerry atric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry atric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 20:08
Thats a real shame. Could you not get extra security or something?
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 21:40
Nulli illigitimae carborundum.

Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
Simond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2022 at 07:22
Sympathies.

johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2022 at 08:14
Tony Don't do it unless you're  100 % it's the  right time for you .
1100 sport corsa , Yam R1, guzzi 650tt rider
AdrianW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdrianW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2022 at 11:49
Agree 100% with Johnno..  Besides, why let the b*st*rds win?  Wire the garage door handle to the mains...

Cheers,
Adrian
Tony G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2022 at 12:05
Thank's at the moment I work nights, thats the time the smackheads come out. So at the moment it's a know.

Although a local dealer and druggie are having a bit of a war between them self's. Hopefully they'll top each other, so the deicent people who the Police don't protect can have a quiet time.Wink
I'll get their soon
V7Chris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote V7Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2022 at 15:20
Blimey Tony, where do you live, The Bronx? Mind you, any market town seems to have a drugs problem these days, that's one reason why we moved to the sticks.
Andy M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2022 at 16:10
Sorry to read this.

I have to say the state of the country does make you consider what's too much hassle. I was in central Edinburgh yesterday and it's got that Mogadishu feel that really doesn't encourage people to visit. I wouldn't set foot inside the M25. The Bronx is actually much nicer now, they got control back there.

Is it better to fight back though? Druggie scum are lazy so having better security than the next bloke does work. Alarm and/or CCTV the garage (assuming you own the illegal weapon, dog, live next to the rival gang to back it up when it goes off). Strengthen the garage door and roof with something that'll foul power tools as well as making basic attacks noisy. Fit tie down points and get a £200 chain. It's spending a lot because of the failure of the state, but it does give the option to keep having a life until either things improve or we get to move out.

Andy 
Jim Mac View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2022 at 23:18
where were you in Edinburgh ?,   Mogadishu????  a bit extreme
V85 TT Trzvel    BMW R45
Too old to die young
Tony G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2022 at 03:39
East Durham. use to be Easington District.
I'll get their soon
johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2022 at 06:07
Hi Tony your area is not the only one gone down hill , here in Loughborough we have youths on scooters and tooled up taking cars and motorbikes ,we have drug gangs but most people just turn a blind eye until it involves the person .
I used to love Loughborough but no more .
All the best .
1100 sport corsa , Yam R1, guzzi 650tt rider
Andy M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2022 at 08:20
Originally posted by Jim Mac Jim Mac wrote:

where were you in Edinburgh ?,   Mogadishu????  a bit extreme

Princes Street and the bus out to the Park and ride at Hermiston. There is graffiti on the boarded up shops on Princes street. Lots of beggars and even a couple of East European con men trying to get people to play the shell game. The bus journey included a woman off her face on something who having fallen over fortunately managed to find a seat and pass out. If it had been 1am not pm you'd maybe think it was a one off, but the regular bus passengers were used to it. The litter everywhere didn't help.

The last hundred yards up the castle were still how I remember from 5 years ago, clean and feeling safer, but they've let the rest go down hill.

Andy 
Tony G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 07:00
Andy M I'm a bus driver. I've seen some right sights over the years. During lockdown the only people traveling where drug dealers. Now we have pretendy homeless people {Beggers} on every street corner in Newcastle, Sunderland and Durham. All spoiling it for the genuine ones

I'll get their soon
Jerry atric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry atric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 15:03
This is all so depressing. I tend to agree with Andy, Its like they are winning but the fact is, they are! If you lift a finger as a decent tax payer, you seem to be an easy target for the law.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic