guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Introduction > Introduce yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Participant

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dakine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Participant
    Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 02:31
Hi.  I Bought a 2014 MotoGuzzi 7 Stone about 3 months ago.  It is immaculate with about 4000 miles on it.  I'm 6'1" and it feels a bit small for me, but I love the fact that it is handmade from Italy and really unusual, especially in Colorado.  I have yet to see another.  I live above a canyon outside of Boulder with a lot of twists I get to play with.  I bought it stock with the original Pirelli tires and added a Hepco & Becker Rear rack and a hand-made side leather saddlebag from France that replaces the battery cover.  I've heard that the OEM tires on this are poor and should be replaced.  Since I'm usually on a mountain road, it's probably a good idea.  Are there any recommendations?  I'd also like to know how I could get saddlebags on this somehow.  So far, I haven't been able to find a saddlebag bracket that will fit on a 2014.  The accessories were added after I took the photo below

R100CS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R100CS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 09:54
saddle bag http://sw-motech.com/en/products/luggage/Legend+Gear/saddlebags/
For the V7III there is a rack that is attached to the same points as the passengers footrests.
Maybe you can make that fit on your bike.
Otherwise there is a saddle strap where you can put the bags on.
They also have a tailbag.
1st R100CS flattened by a truck
2nd R1150R modified
3rd V7iii GREEN
Andyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 12:30
I have a similar 2014 Stone, but in two tone silver.  Personally I think the 2014 model was the best V7 - it has the 1TB engine and no ABS - but it does have a smaller riding position than the MkII which has lower frame rails.

- Original Speed Demon tyres were OK when new but they wore quite quickly which did not improve the handling.  The front had a nasty split around the rubber - a manufacturing defect - so was changed early.  If yours are originals and 8 years old they may have gone hard and certainly will not be performing like new tyres.
I now use Pirelli Scorpion Trail 2 tyres which wear well and cope with rough roads.   They are designed for Adventure bikes but I am happy with how they handle.

- I have Hepco-Becker alloy panniers fitted on HB frames.

Other changes you might consider:
- remove lambda sensors to get rid of the low rpm flat spot
- Stainless steel Hagon rear shocks
- V7 racer rear sets
- slightly less oil (300ml per leg of SAE4) in the front forks to make them more supple
- mudflap on front of rear mudguard to keep linkages clean

Enjoy the bike
AndyB

Andyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 12:36
Just looking at the photo, your LH silencer has overheated.  This can be due to problems with a plug cap.  It is worth fitting plug caps and plugs that do not use screw on plug tops - I have NGK CPR8EA-9 plugs and XB05F plug caps.   The problem is well documented and is simple to fix.
AndyB
johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 13:53
Hi and welcome , looking goodThumbs Up
1100 sport corsa , Yam R1, guzzi 650tt rider
Ken-Guzzibear View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 07:17
Welcome to Guzziriders
The Older i Get, The Better I Was
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic