guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Out and About > Guzzisti go touring
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mandello - quarantine/isolation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Montrosemike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mandello - quarantine/isolation
    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 08:52
Dear learned colleagues,can I please beg a moment if your time/superior knowledge.
As it stands at the moment,my good lady and I are due to travel to Mandello from Scotlandshire in September for the centenary celebrations via the Newcastle/Amsterdam ferry but the DFDS website states that the Dutch authorities won’t let the Brits off the boat !
Plan B: looking at the long haul to use le shuttle at Eurotunnel and this is where I’m at my wits end trying to make sense of the return to UK obligations ie am I reading it correctly that although myself and the good looking one are both double vaccinated,are we are expected to quarantine in Folkestone etc for 10 days before we can head home  ?
Any positive help would be much appreciated thanks.
Mike.
c13pep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c13pep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 09:14
With the current situation being so fluid and being reviewed every three weeks then forward planning will remain a nightmare not least because of our own infection rates. Nevertheless best of luck with your trip 

CHRIS 
you can`t have any fun in a straight line

Monza
Honda CB77 project

Ken-Guzzibear View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 09:41
Sad to say most easy travel is unlikely due to the uncoordinated approach to this virus and the idiotic ya-boo attitude of some EU States regarding the vaccinations for many the idea of any trip to or through Europe is likely to be an utter slog and end in tears.

I wish you luck but I fear it may not be plain sailing
The Older i Get, The Better I Was
BondEquipe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BondEquipe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 10:44
Originally posted by c13pep c13pep wrote:

With the current situation being so fluid and being reviewed every three weeks then forward planning will remain a nightmare not least because of our own infection rates. Nevertheless best of luck with your trip 

CHRIS 

Add the SNP determination for Scotland to have different rules and your chances of getting home are slim!
Stephen
Black & Gold LM2
+ Other Bikes & Projects!
jmee54 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmee54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 11:15
I've cancelled my trip - just too much uncertainty - gutted!
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 13:48
Originally posted by Montrosemike Montrosemike wrote:

Plan B: looking at the long haul to use le shuttle at Eurotunnel and this is where I’m at my wits end trying to make sense of the return to UK obligations ie am I reading it correctly that although myself and the good looking one are both double vaccinated,are we are expected to quarantine in Folkestone etc for 10 days before we can head home  ?
Any positive help would be much appreciated thanks.
Mike.

Currently if you come back via France you will have to have a test two days before embarkation, then quarantine yourself (at home) for 10 days, with a further test at 2 and 8 days. The latter two tests are the expensive ones.
If you go out via France, provided you are double vaccinated you have no problems, but you have to have a sworn statement with you saying you don't have Covid symptoms or have been in contact with anyone who has recently.

But who knows what the rules will be in a month.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 22:50
All sounds like too much aggro. I'd cancel.

"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 23:10
Aggro and expense. Tests at £100 each x 3. Maybe a bit less if you are lucky.
Brian.

Ken-Guzzibear View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 09:18
You can get free lateral flow tests to do at home pack contains 3-7 tests result in 30 mins I got a sore throat so got kit to test for covid it was -ve as was the next day one so I am sure it is a regular sore throat. 
The Older i Get, The Better I Was
Montrosemike View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Montrosemike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 19:46
Thanks for the info to date brethren…clearly our options are very limited due to the EU pulling the welcome rug from under our tyres ☹️
It appears that the “event” is still on but to get there and back on 2 wheels is fraught with many hoops to jump through.
We even considered a fly/drive scenario but we’d be forced to self isolate for 5 days on arrival in Milan 🤬
With restrictions/regulations changing daily,we’ll keep our fingers crossed for a couple of weeks and hope that Johnny Foreigner doesn’t keep tarring us all with the “land of the great unwashed” moniker too much longer 😉
Rushjob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rushjob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 10:10
Originally posted by Montrosemike Montrosemike wrote:

Thanks for the info to date brethren…clearly our options are very limited due to the EU pulling the welcome rug from under our tyres ☹️
It appears that the “event” is still on but to get there and back on 2 wheels is fraught with many hoops to jump through.
We even considered a fly/drive scenario but we’d be forced to self isolate for 5 days on arrival in Milan 🤬
With restrictions/regulations changing daily,we’ll keep our fingers crossed for a couple of weeks and hope that Johnny Foreigner doesn’t keep tarring us all with the “land of the great unwashed” moniker too much longer 😉
Where has the EU pulled the rug from? If you're vaccinated then you can travel to the EU, now for me, UK citizen but living in France, if I want to travel to the UK, despite having had both (AZ) jabs, because I've been in France in the previous 10 days I need to quarantine. You as a UK resident having had the same jabs can come to France, spend your holiday here and return to the Uk without quarantine. Could you please explain the logic behind that??
Insert witty signature below............
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 12:49
No we can't, we also have to quarantine coming back from France.
But check the entry requirements for Italy coming from the UK, quarantine required on entry plus test results regardless of vaccinations. And entry into Holland is totally out.
Brian.

Jim Mac View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 13:08
they cancelled an Olympics last year and of course holding it now  for what it is worth

surely it would make sense for Guzzi to hang on until next year and have a retro celebration so that as many people as want to can go
V85 TT Trzvel    BMW R45
Too old to die young
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 13:33
Each country has it's own rules in this case.

But it has just been announced that people entering England from the EU no longer have to quarantine. Don't yet know about those coming from France, which was a special case recently.
Wait and see what the other UK nations decide.
Brian.

Zecis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zecis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 19:22
Then .... just when you make your travel plans and spend the non-refundable cash on whatever... Boris will change the rules. JUst as he did at Christmas - our freezers are still full of Christmas commestibles after he promised everything would be ok, then cancelled it the day after Lynn went out and bought the supermarket back in her car Ouch
Regards Adam
Located near Stonehenge
...A 1200sport (2 valve with stage 1), Daytona RS, and a Centauro GT (the last one is for sale if you are interested)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic