guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > General Electrical issues
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

V85tt Cruise Control

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: V85tt Cruise Control
    Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 22:29
Evening All
Does anyone have issues with their V85tt Cruise Control.
In true Italian fashion mine works sometimes and doesn't work the rest of the time
Long click to activate it, short click to set speed except this doesn't work reliably 
Have carried out the Calibration test as per the Advanced manual, this had no effect
Bike going in for it's first service and I'm wondering whether to ask the Dealer to just replace the CC unit
Anyone else had issues ?
Cheers
Hippo-Drones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hippo-Drones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 00:21
Mine seems to work fine so far, I use it quite a lot. One thing I don't like on the bike is the buttons, and how they feel with gloves on, it is often hard to tell if you are pushing the button correctly.
This is me: www.youtube.com/c/HippoDrones
Rich T View Drop Down
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2021 at 20:45
Well by way of an update I took my v85 to Motorbike World East Grinstead who are MG authorised Service Agents
Mechanic couldn't find anything wrong with it. I still can't get it to work
Anyone out there having issues
Hippo, any chance of meeting up and swapping bikes for 5 mins ?
Stay safe
Hippo-Drones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hippo-Drones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2021 at 21:18
Hi Rich, could they get it to work?
I'm not too sure about loaning my bike to someone I've not met before, don't mean to be rude by that. But am not saying I'll not see if yours feels the same as mine if that is what you are after?
This is me: www.youtube.com/c/HippoDrones
Glawster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glawster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2021 at 09:12
I've had no problem with mine, other than when setting it you have to release your hand from the throttle quite gently as just letting go of the throttle snaps it shut and cancels the cruise control.  Could this be your problem Rich?
1970 Guzzi V7 Ambassador
1955 Guzzi Falcone Sport
2021 BMW R1250R
1998 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Tricky B. View Drop Down
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tricky B. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2022 at 09:04
Hi,

I took my bike V85TT to the dealer for a 1500km service, they perfomred a software upgrade. After the upgrade i could still set the speed, but not change it anymoer. So the up and down is not working, before the upgrade this was fine.

Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2022 at 18:54

Shocked ...! ?

"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."
stumps View Drop Down
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stumps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2022 at 10:52
Mine works for initialing and holding that speed, but has had no increment/decrement function since new. Dealer said it would be fixed at 1500km service. They tried with various software changes but couldnt rectify. Scratching their head as what to do. They were sending to MG for tech advise.
V85MP View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote V85MP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2022 at 13:33
on my machine (V85TT E4 2020) the cruise control works as stated, even after the 1st service, no software upgrade needed.
As stated means:
long press to activate cruise
short press to set cruise
press up to increase speed
press down to decrease speed
long press to deactivate cruise
use the brakes, clutch or counter-rotate the throttle to unset the cruise.
Suzuki GT185
Triumph Bonneville T100
MG V85TT
Ride in front of the ride
stumps View Drop Down
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stumps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2022 at 06:07
It's quite clear how it's supposed to work. There does appear to be a few from the middle/latter half of 2021 production that seem to have the issue. Mine is right in that zone. Why some and not others, who knows.
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2022 at 10:17
Originally posted by stumps stumps wrote:

Why some and not others, who knows.

It's Italian, don't expect logic. LOL
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
dman3998 View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dman3998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2022 at 00:23
mine works as its supposed t 85 adventure 2021.  however the brake light switch on the rear is so close to activation only have to bump it sideways and the cruise shuts off.  it appears the switch is magnetic or a proximity sensor and i don't see a way to adjust it anyone have any info on this?

thanks

Dman
Dman
DaveH View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DaveH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2022 at 15:13
Mine works (2021 Travel), but the switch is very sensitive to being pressed exactly. Any upwards or downward pressure causes it not to work. It's very difficult to get the perfect press for 2 seconds as the bike bounces around.
DaveH
eagle View Drop Down
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 18:41
Have exact the same issue. Took it to the dealer for service last Saturday and he told me the ECU was updated as well. 
First impression was that the bike felt a lot more agile on the gas. But that can be because of setting the valves.

Second thing I noticed was that the up/down of the CC didn't work anymore.
Called the dealer and he has asked MG. But had no clear answer yet.

Calibration didn't solve the issue. So I will need to go to the dealer again next Saturday and connect it to the computer. 
Will keep U posted about the result.

Positive thing about it is that I'm just a glitch away from a nice bikers region when I'm at the dealer. I can put some extra kms on it afterwards, carving the woods :)

stumps View Drop Down
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stumps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2022 at 00:56
I finally got my CC increment/decrement/resume functionality issue rectified at another dealer. They sent a tech request to MG, who advised procedure. The dealer said it was a bit of a 'fickle' series of steps that they messed with to do with wheel configuration etc??. I had previously tried the user mode tyre change procedure myself....but the fix could only be done with the Guzzi tool and buried deep in the ECU software somewhere. 

Mine never worked from day 1 out of the showroom.Ouch

Cheers.

'21 V85TT Travel.

Edited by stumps - 11 Jun 2022 at 01:02
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic