guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Alternative parts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

postal service.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iansoady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 16:47
The trouble is all have wildly varying feedback. And it's generally only dissatisifed customers who complain....
Ian
1952 Norton ES2
1986 Honda XBR500
1958-ish Greeves/Triumph in progress
Andrew_C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew_C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 19:35
I'll add - UPS and DHL are a head and shoulders above all the private carriers I get stuff delivered to work by. Post Office / Parcelfarse not too bad. Yodel? Jeez...
A PINT? That's nearly an armful!
https://www.blood.co.uk/
Ken-Guzzibear View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 08:25
Thing is many "complaints" are unfounded. An awful lot does depend on the actual Courier. Our local folks are really good Had a parcel delivered that the sender had put my name the house number and Village name, but they did find me.

As a courier I get this weekly just a name and village, we can find using post office but if the Post Code is wrong or missing that is out You can look up a name on electoral role but not if the name is not there.

Then there is often a phone number you will be surprised how many are wrong.

Add to that Customs paperwork and different Countries dodgy packaging there is no wonder items go astray.

That said there are some things just do get missed at the many sorting halls they can be huge 

Reviews do not mean much when you look at just how many packages go into the various systems. 

The Older i Get, The Better I Was
Richard Hyatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Hyatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 09:11
I got stung by FEDEX - or rather they tried to sting me for £100 customs and import charges for an £80 exhaust for my Enfield.

apparently - their algorithm for calculation which they sent me does all the crunching and spits out this charge?

however - not wanting to be beaten by a stupid charge of a greater value than the goods  - I contacted FEDEX India and got their ACTUAL costings and gave these to FEDEX UK who revised the import/customs to £18

CAVEAT -----
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 10:18
But there should be no need to do all that.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
Richard Hyatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Hyatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 10:42
I agree , but after countless calls to people who say they wanted to help me actually did zero.
The only way to resolve it was to do the legwork myself.
Funny thing was the feedback request from FedEx   how did we do ???
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 12:36
Yep they all screw up along the way I don't think any Company is exempt from these screw ups BUT it does depend on the sender actually filling in the Customs forms correctly. 

You would be surprised how many Companies get the Customs invoice wrong BUT if you point it out and tell them to alter it they often get really nasty, even tho' to do it correctly saves Customs holding it and saves fees to the sender and recipient. 

Way too many people pay lip service to the whole procedure with incorrect addresses, postal codes, incorrect Customs forms believe me it is not a rare thing it is a daily issue. 

Then add in the exporting Customs and importing Customs it adds to the misery yet millions of packages get sent and delivered all over The World.

There are bound to be screw ups no matter which service you use. 
malllywoods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malllywoods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 13:41
I fully understand what you are saying and agree, but why send me delivery dates which I stay at home and wait, I am now on my 5th delivery date, which is tomorrow , not holding my breath.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 16:42
No idea call and ask the courier Co. Way too many call centres make promises the courier can't keep. 
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 18:10
But the call centre is the only contact you have usually.
Brian.

red leader one View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red leader one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 20:24
I dread having to have anything to do with humans.

Id rather have a Gorilla sitting at the other end of the sofa peeling my grapes for me.
rbt1548 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rbt1548 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 12:47
It's not just the couriers that are to blame, as much as we would like to think they are, and I include myself in that statement, as I have mumped about them myself.

I have just sold a Shad bike bag online through ebay to a "gentleman", it was due to be posted on the Monday but I managed to send it out on the Friday, 'Tracked', I informed the 'gent' and sent him photo copies of the receipts and a straight link to the tracking system of the courier so he could track it and also see when the delivery date was meant to be, also in big bold writing on their site it also mentioned possible delays due to covid, fair enough, that happens.

A few days later I get a message, no salutation, no sign off, certainly no manners, " Bag is not here" and this was on the day BEFORE, it was due to be delivered, this was followed by another 12 messages ranging from 'it's lost' , 'where is it ?', 'to the company is crap' etc.,
If he had bothered to track it he would have seen where it was, in a depot 5 miles from his house, not lost, waiting to be delivered! and deliver it they tried but he wasn't in, so they left a card, all this was logged in the tracking. Guess what, when I informed him, I was told ' there's no card here!' At my wits end I contacted the company where a very nice lady listened to the tale of woe, and said she would contact the company to try and get it delivered the next day, to which he said 'no chance!', but true to her word, she arranged it and it was delivered despite me receiving a message from him at 08:00 saying , 'it's not here yet'.

They were one day late, actually early if you count the weekend, and that included the day he wasn't in. 
Couriers certainly are not infallible, but sometimes people just do not help themselves when trying to liaise with delivery companies, he had the chance to change delivery date or leave in a safe place but I don't believe he even bothered to look at the link I sent him for tracking, the company's site or delivery options.

We've all been at the receiving end of a courier company's cock up, hopefully not too often, but I have just had a glimpse of some of the crap they must get from customers and it can't be easy to take. 

Yours Victor.
1975 Honda CB750 K5
1958 Wife

It wisnae me, a big boy done it and ran away!

"I was so much older then; I'm younger than that now!"
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 14:38
Originally posted by red leader one red leader one wrote:

I dread having to have anything to do with humans.

Id rather have a Gorilla sitting at the other end of the sofa peeling my grapes for me.
My wife refuses to peel grapes for me.
Brian.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red leader one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 20:09
Big smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red leader one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 20:13
While we are talking Postal Service here it could just as well be any part of the economy and our current culture.

It would appear as a species we have gone backwards. 

With all this wondrous technology we seem more inept, incompetent than ever we were.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic